Unpenetrable shaft

kitkat3ny

Well I spent my weekend trying to moisturize my hair. I went to Sallys and got a lot of the Silk Element products on Saturday, I even did EVOO, mayo and eggs as a conditioner yesterday.

Ever since I home relaxed my hair w/ Profectiv's touch-up relaxer on 8/13, my hair has been dry and crunchy. Only good news I can see is that it isn't breaking off, not yet anyway. My thought is, it's because I CW daily.

So, i've done everything I can possibly do for my hair. My next guess is it's my diet. Since 8/13 I've gotten lazy w/ my diet. I ran out of flax seed oil pills, I stopped having a serving of walnuts daily, I stopped having salmon for dinner and i've been eating more crap. Perhaps the problem is an internal one and if I went back to the way of eating I previously had before the relaxer, this dry spell would solve itself?

Has anyone else had experience of thier diet drying out their hair?

You could try clarifying and then using porosity control on your hair mixed w/you conditioner or as a final comb through rinse. Your hair maybe having trouble absorbing moisture (porous hair) so porosity control should help w/that.

lol your thread title is definitely eye catching

I think you need more moisture, the egg conditioner is a protein, a milder one certainly but it can make your hair dryer, so try doing a deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner, either overnight or with heat.

i agree... you dont need more protein, just moisture

i think porosity control should do it.

but you can go back to eating salmon :)

I get and use the Roux Porosity Control shampoo, then I use a moisuturing treatment, then I used cholesterol and followed up w/ a moisturizing conditioner. Nothing on Saturday so I did the egg stuff on Sunday thinking that I could at least keep my hair strong w/ the protein if moisture wasn't working. Last thing I want is my hair getting weak and falling out, not after all the time and money I put into it.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
You could try clarifying and then using porosity control on your hair mixed w/you conditioner or as a final comb through rinse. Your hair maybe having trouble absorbing moisture (porous hair) so porosity control should help w/that.

ITA. You gotta get any relaxer residue off and get those cuticles back in order.

Back