Unless I've been measuring my hair wrong, I grew 6 inches in a week. lol

Chocolatelove2010

Ofcourse I don't believe it to be the latter, unless I am superwoman and my power is hairgrowth :lol:

I've given up heat completely, I don't want to heat to even check length. I usually just stretch. About a week ago I thought hmmm lemme measure my hair, so I can keep up with my hair growth. All I have is a ruler.. one made of plastic lol. I thought I got an accurate read of 12 inches..

So today, actually right now I'm deep conditioning my hair. Usually when my hair sheds, I never check the length but today I saw a perfect strand of hair, no breakages nothing - It was beautiful *sigh. I wish it stayed on my damn head.

Out of curiosity I decided to measure it. This was much more of an accurate reading, for obvious reasons. Well well... I went from 12 to 18.. I'm just rounding up, it was like 18.5. But you get the picture.

Speaking of picture, I can't see ''attach file'' so here's the link to the pic ---> http://i55.tinypic.com/5la26h.jpg - It was too big for me to put in the post. Sorry.

I think Ima just give up on measuring, and just go visually on the progress I see. I have seen progress but I'm not deluded. I realize I'm just retarded when it comes to measuring. And I can't keep pulling out a hair strand, so I can get an accurate reading.

How do other people's measuring techniques go? I'm interested in what you ladies do. For now, I've decided to give it a rest. I mean, imagine I kept thinking my hair was 12inches and then 6 months later I came back to Ya'll for an update. I would claim a crazy number, and ACTUALLY believe that was my hair growth!!! :lachen:

For future references I will never mention inches in post again lol.

Last edited:
Congrats, girl! :lachen: :rofl:

I don't even bother measuring inches anymore. Body landmarks are enough for me.

You have such gorgeous hair.

But yes, ma'am, you probably measured wrong!! :lachen:

I don't know how everyone else is doing it, but the way that I do is I got a brightly colored and well-fitting T-Shirt with discernable markings on it. I straightened my hair, smoothed it back, clipped a tape measure to my hairline, and then placed a little bit of tension on the end of the tape measure that was hanging down my back. Then, I took my picture, and marked the shirt according to inches and length goals. So when I need to know how much my hair has grown (or not grown), I take a picture with my shirt on and consult my little chart thing.

Or you could buy a plain, inexpensive shirt, sit down with your tape measure, and mark off the inches from the neckline with a sharpie.

I don't measure. When I was apl was my hair touching my arm pit period? When I was bsb was it below my shoulder blades. When mbl was it inches below shoulder blade and half way between my shoulder and waist? That's how I claimed each step. I don't bother with measuring because depending on where you measure that could change and I'm just not confident I'd do it accurately. Now I can look at body parts and see if I passed them or not :)

OP, I think most people have different lengths of hair so maybe not all your strands were 12 inches long. Especially with curly hair, length could be hiding. So you may have measured correctly but that's not the strand that was 12 inches long last week. That one was probably about the length it is now

OP, I think most people have different lengths of hair so maybe not all your strands were 12 inches long. Especially with curly hair, length could be hiding. So you may have measured correctly but that's not the strand that was 12 inches long last week. That one was probably about the length it is now

True.

IA. :yep:

I think in the future, I should perhaps measure more than one strand lol.

Yeah, I have diff lengths throughout my hair.

I'll just stick with your chart that I saved lol. I love that chart, it's so clear! :grin:

Last edited:
I mean, imagine I kept thinking my hair was 12inches and then 6 months later I came back to Ya'll for an update. I would claim a crazy number, and ACTUALLY believe that was my hair growth!!!

:lachen: you're hilarious! I guess it's normal for some hair strands to be a little longer than others since not all of your hair would be in the same growth phase at the same time :yep:

Back