Underprocessing causes damage?

FluffyRed

I ran across this statement in some thread last night.

Is this true? Has anyone experience this? I recently switched from a harsh no-lye kit to Mizani fine/colortreated butter blends. My relaxed area is texlaxed and the cuticle is not totally smooth. Could the difference in texture cause trouble?

I'm going to spray some diluted ACV on and cowash again.

But, is this dangerous?

Should I move up to the next level of Mizani?

I think underprocessing can cause damage if are trying to comb it like it is silky straight. If you are already texlaxing and know how to handle your hair then I think you will be okay. Like you already said, your cuticle is in good shape so you are good to go.

it caused damage for me (note me i don't know about anyone else) but when I had like all the different textures on one strand and the underprocessed sections tangling trying to detangle it anway I tried was breakage city. I could not detangle it wet, slathered with condish nothing. I finally just got it fully processed, kind of. Also I used a mild relaxer for the texlax and the corrective. Now i have mostly straight hair there is still 1 piece that is slightly underprocessed section but everso slightly and next to no breakage, now I KNOW it was it being underprocessed that caused all the problems. I mean it feels sooo much better, it's not overprocessed, and best of all it will probably grow in much thicker now that it's not all breaking off.

HTH

I think underprocessing can cause damage if are trying to comb it like it is silky straight. If you are already texlaxing and know how to handle your hair then I think you will be okay. Like you already said, your cuticle is in good shape so you are good to go.

I agree underprocessed hair needs more care. I also think that if you like to wear smooth/straight styles underprocess hair may require more manipulation therfore breakage and damage can occur.

got it.

so, if i use a bit of a stronger relaxer, and stretch a little more, then I can avoid multiple overlaps and be healthier overall?

Back