UK/LONDON LADIES HELP!!

socurlyqt

Hey Ladies,

So Ill be in London for the next 3 months working in and taking classes at City U. Im from the states and being new to London I dont know anyone, and I have no idea where to go to get hair stuff from? I heard that most of the bbs were in south london, but i have no idea how to get there. Any suggestions?

**I went to Boots and asked one of the guards if they had hair stuff for black ppl and he gave me VASELINE!!

Im staying in Chelsea on redcliffe gardens, any advice suggestions, or a tour guide would be greatly appreciated!

If u make it down to north london u might want to try Paks. There's one in finsbury park, nr finsbury park stn on stround green road and another at seven sisters station in tottenham on west green road

HTH

Or try Dalston. Im a North London gal, so i always go to Dalston. Frinsbury Park is good too coz u've got Paks, but the stuff are cheaper down dalston.

P.S get a tube map and the A-Z, you'll have no problems getting around.

Sorry lol, he gave you vaseline :rolleyes:

Hey Ladies,

So Ill be in London for the next 3 months working in and taking classes at City U. Im from the states and being new to London I dont know anyone, and I have no idea where to go to get hair stuff from? I heard that most of the bbs were in south london, but i have no idea how to get there. Any suggestions?

**I went to Boots and asked one of the guards if they had hair stuff for black ppl and he gave me VASELINE!!

Im staying in Chelsea on redcliffe gardens, any advice suggestions, or a tour guide would be greatly appreciated!

This is not like the US where you can get relaxer in the supermarket! :lachen:

City university is near Angel... so I would also recommend Pak in Finsbury Park. Nearest tube station is Finsbury Park and it's a short walk from there. Angel is close to Kings Cross, from Kings Cross you can take the Victoria line to Finsbury Park.

Get more travel info here http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1108.aspx - there is also a journey planner on that site.

Chelsea (south wast london) is a really nice area but I don't think there would be many (if any) black hair shops. In south london, you'd probably have to go to peckham, lewisham, woolwich, elephant & castle (SE london) etc but I still recommend Pak - they have about 3 shops on the same road. http://www.pakcosmetics.com/

We have been talking about a London meet-up since last year...perhaps we can arrange something while you are here so you get to meet a few of us.

Any ladies up for a london meet up soon-ish? We can give plenty of advance warning

K

I've set up a poll for people to choose their preferred date for a London meeting. We can pick somewhere central that everybody can get to quite easily.

Please vote, the link is in my siggy!

Hey, Harlesden in North West London is very good also, there are about 20 stores including Pak. Its fairly close to Chelsea and you can get there on the 18 bus.

Back