UK Ladies - what do you consider long distance?

Bublin

Reading all these threads about long distance relationships from our US friends makes me wonder what WE consider 'long distance'.

If you are in London would that be anyone who lives 'across the river'?

If you are in Manchester would seeing someone in London be long distance.

How about the other end of the UK?

Or since we are a relatively small isle would Europe mainland be considered long distance to you?

To me it would be anyone who lives out of London. If I can't jump on the train or tube with my oyster card and come see you then it's long distance.

I think similarly to melissa-bee. Anyone outside the West Midlands area I would consider long distance.

My hubby to be lives in Reading and I live in London - a good 120 mile trip(there and back) That to me is long distance enough!

Thanks for the replies ladies.
I ask because i feel Londoners are lazy OR see distance as deal-breaker when starting a relationship. It makes me laugh really when people in large countries like the USA have to jump on planes to see each other.
I'm talking to this guy who lives in Romford, Essex and i'm in South London. I wasn't feeling it because of the distance - but it's less than an hour drive!!!! (i must add he doesn't see it as a problem).

It's nice to see some of you have long distance partners and are making it work.

To me it would be anyone who lives out of London. If I can't jump on the train or tube with my oyster card and come see you then it's long distance.

Yep!

I don't drive so if my Oyster can't get me there or, it's gonna take me over an hour and a half to get to you = LDR.

Sent from my sexy new iPhone using LHCF

Thanks for the replies ladies.
I ask because i feel Londoners are lazy OR see distance as deal-breaker when starting a relationship. It makes me laugh really when people in large countries like the USA have to jump on planes to see each other.
I'm talking to this guy who lives in Romford, Essex and i'm in South London. I wasn't feeling it because of the distance - but it's less than an hour drive!!!! (i must add he doesn't see it as a problem).

It's nice to see some of you have long distance partners and are making it work.

I don't really see it as a deal breaker, more of a major inconvenience, so I guess that does make me lazy. It's more about my situation as well, I don;t drive at the moment so I can't see my self treking out of London to see anyone. If I did drive then it would be different. I'd be willing to travel further.
Yeah it used to make me wonder as well when I read about people in the US jumping on planes to go on dates. That would not be me. Well then again I guess it depends on how easy it is financially.

NOEChic that must be hard for you.
A colleague of mine had a fiance in the states. They only ever had 'holiday' time together. They broke up because neither wanted to uproot.

NOEChic that must be hard for you.
A colleague of mine had a fiance in the states. They only ever had 'holiday' time together. They broke up because neither wanted to uproot.

Very hard, but luckily we both are in the military and are willing to move to be closer to each other

Back