UK/European ladies what are you in need of?

Zakina

Thought I'd start this thread to get an idea of what us hairobsessed ladies in UK (and the rest of Europe for that matter) are in need of the most!
I had to pay a fortune to get some MTG shipped to me, and I'm sick of the high costs just to get a few products that I'm unable to get over here.
So what are YOU in need of?

I know a woman that is going to start a european based website where she is going to sell afro/curly/kinky hair products, I've given her a few suggestions on some items that are very hard to get here. If you guys want to contact her, her email is [email protected]. I thought this thread would help so that we can give her more suggestions so that we can avoid those crazy shipping fees:grin:

Same here, finally got the mtg but now i dont use it :lachen:
i would like to try salerm 21, i have not seen it here yet....

Dominican conditioners!!

i order my salerm from ebay at a damn good price, shippin aint bad either. justbeautyproducts is the name, they are evry friendly too.

OMG, are you 4 real !! I think I'm going to cry of joy, or faint, or do both !!!!!!!!!! lol !!
My list is endless, but here we go :
- Neutrogena Triple moisture (the whole line) => want it BAAAADLY
- Elucence (the whole line) => I've been dying to try it as well
- Kenra (the whole line) => Want it, want it, want it !!
- Lafier, Lafier
- Salerm 21
- Salerm wheat germ
- BBD Strech
- Miss key 10 in 1
- Silicon Mix
- Toque emergency
- Kemi Oyl
- Wild growth oil
- Surge
- clairol vitapointe
- Lacio Lacio Leave in
- Nacidit Avocada hair conditioner
- Aubrey organics
- carol's daughter tui leave in
- Sedal anti-sponge shampoo and conditioners
- Dudley's pca

LOL !! I know I'm going waaay overboard, and I surely don't need all of that, but with your announcement, you've just unleashed the frustrated PJ in me ! I'm sure the others will have more to add.
Ahem...If she could get the caruso rollers over here too, that would be lovely !! And why not add ceramic irons like the the sedu, or the maxiglide while we're at it!! lol !! I'm probably asking 4 too much, but let a sister dream !!

Last edited:
wow, thats alot lovelyness lol!
why don't you contact the woman?

Sedu didn't do much for me =( but I would love to get a european retailer of the MAXIGLIDE!! =)

Oh forgot to ask..
Do you guys think there is a demand for american beautyproducts for black ppl in the UK/Europe? Or is it just us ladies here on longhaircareforum that cares?

I mean I didn't become a PJ before I discovered this site lol

@lovelyness

I am not sure where you are based but I have found Wild Growth Oil in several of the hair shops in East London.

Also I buy Aubrey Organics in from Essentials Pharmacy, Drury Lane, Covent Garden (if you do a search you can also order online)

Safina87 said:
wow, thats alot lovelyness lol!
why don't you contact the woman?

Sedu didn't do much for me =( but I would love to get a european retailer of the MAXIGLIDE!! =)

I actually contacted them directly last year and they told me the model would be ready around Jan 2006. So when January came i emailed them again to ask about how i can order and now they tell me that it wont be ready until May :eek: so it looks like its gonna be a waiting game ladies.
If it does become available here, it will be the last flat iron i buy, they are just too much hard work :lol:

i would like to use:
  • Neutrogena Triple moisture line
  • Kera Care line
  • Silicon Mix
  • WGO
  • Surge
  • clairol vitapointe
  • Lacio Lacio Leave in
  • carol's daughter line
  • asha line
  • MAXIGLIDE
waoouh, enough!:D

Last edited:
_lovelyness said:
OMG, are you 4 real !! I think I'm going to cry of joy, or faint, or do both !!!!!!!!!! lol !!
My list is endless, but here we go :
- Lafier, Lafier
- Salerm 21
- Salerm wheat germ
- BBD Strech
- Miss key 10 in 1
- Silicon Mix
- Toque emergency
- Kemi Oyl
- Wild growth oil
- Surge
- clairol vitapointe
- Lacio Lacio Leave in
- Aubrey organics
- Dudley's pca

LOL !! I know I'm going waaay overboard, and I surely don't need all of that, but with your announcement, you've just unleashed the frustrated PJ in me ! I'm sure the others will have more to add.
Ahem...If she could get the caruso rollers over here too, that would be lovely !! And why not add ceramic irons like the the sedu, or the maxiglide while we're at it!! lol !! I'm probably asking 4 too much, but let a sister dream !!

They sell kemi oyl, wgo, aubrey organics, surge, the whole dudeleys line here in the UK I've seen al of them in the shops in birmingham, except aubrey organics and dudleys. Dudeleys you just call the distributor in london and I'm sure they'll tell you, and aubrey organics sold on a lot on UK health sites, with P&P that's free. You can eve get MTG here (come on ladies look how many race horses there is). I just gave up because the poeple did not know how to pick up there phone for me to order it.

And I'm sure they sell kenra here. Or maybe I was just seeing things

What's about the t3 tourmaline over the maxiglide ( I wanna t3 in the future), they sell them at www.salonlines.co.uk

Hth ladies

Crissi said:
They sell kemi oyl, wgo, aubrey organics, surge, the whole dudeleys line here in the UK I've seen al of them in the shops in birmingham, except aubrey organics and dudleys. Dudeleys you just call the distributor in london and I'm sure they'll tell you, and aubrey organics sold on a lot on UK health sites, with P&P that's free. You can eve get MTG here (come on ladies look how many race horses there is). I just gave up because the poeple did not know how to pick up there phone for me to order it.

And I'm sure they sell kenra here. Or maybe I was just seeing things

What's about the t3 tourmaline over the maxiglide ( I wanna t3 in the future), they sell them at www.salonlines.co.uk

Hth ladies

hey crissi, where did u see the WGO i live like 15mins away from brum. and yep ur right, they sell MTG in pet stores here, england loves horses - i actually live next door to a race course i might jump over the wall and see if i can find any bottles lyin around lol.

andd, the t3 and all those...i think GHD is the equivalent. those american ones are just basically hot irons that have good quality plates....

I've seen wgo in tz, the one on soho rd. I think the t3 flat iron seems great it got 40% more ion/ionic technology than most irons. And they're also made out of tourmaline (which is meant to be smoother than ceramic), plus it has controllable heat. They're said to be better than ghd and by the sounds of it, they are. Hopefully becausse I hate ghd's.

Crissi said:
I've seen wgo in tz, the one on soho rd. I think the t3 flat iron seems great it got 40% more ion/ionic technology than most irons. And they're also made out of tourmaline (which is meant to be smoother than ceramic), plus it has controllable heat. They're said to be better than ghd and by the sounds of it, they are. Hopefully becausse I hate ghd's.

oooohh ionic, i'm in love with anything ionic. my mum used my ionic dryer 2day and she wasn't impressed as her hair felt (too soft) and not bone DRY CRISPY straight as she likes so she switched to her hair mudering dryer....

I got a TZ in Wolves, i'l lcheck it out, thanks

soun said:
i would like to use:

• [*]clairol vitapointe
waoouh, enough!:D

Im sure you can get this at any chemist...its a pink bottle right?
check ure local asda or numark...i know mine stock it...if its the right item that is...

i want the NTM range and silicon mix and sebastian laminates & colourshines

Uzz

Candy_C said:
oooohh ionic, i'm in love with anything ionic. my mum used my ionic dryer 2day and she wasn't impressed as her hair felt (too soft) and not bone DRY CRISPY straight as she likes so she switched to her hair mudering dryer....

I got a TZ in Wolves, i'l lcheck it out, thanks

hey girl...
i got my last WGO from that 'cosmetics r us' board street it cost bout £5 (but im sure i payed like £10 when i got it shiped over:mad: ) so have a look in der so you can compare prices:p

HTH

Hi all im new to the board, but I do think you can get vitapointe over here. They used to sell it in Boots-think they still do. Also try in superdrug.

_lovelyness said:
- Lafier, Lafier
- Salerm 21
- Salerm wheat germ
- BBD Strech
- Miss key 10 in 1
- Silicon Mix
- Toque emergency
- Kemi Oyl
- Wild growth oil
- Surge
- clairol vitapointe
- Lacio Lacio Leave in
- Aubrey organics
- Dudley's pca
I've never seen any of these or Nexxus in France. I'm sure the situation is just as dire (actually more so) in other countries on the Continent.

Last edited:
Ladies, I'm in devon and it sucks !! lol !! I didn't know they sold some off this products in london, as I'm not from there and don't even know my way around the town !! lol ! I'm from paris initially, and I'll only be in england til' may/june anyways (when my uni exchange program finishes), so it will still be nice to have a website where you can order this products from, when I get back to France. I also have family and friends in belgium, germany and portugual, and I'm sure they would love that too.
When I go to london for easter break, I'll try to look for wgo and aubrey organics. You said east london right ? do you know the name of the shops ? which train station ? Kthanks !
Safina, you're right !! I should email the lady with my looong list !! :)
I was even thinking about it some weeks ago. If I had the funds, and the right contacts, I would definitely start a business like that in france. We really lag behind when it comes to hair care, and having quality products (the dreaded "pink oil" is still a staple in many households here). Damn...maybe I should do something like that ! I've already schooled so many of my friends, based on all the info I get here. They're avid for more product recommendations, and are always asking me what they have to do with their hair. if they were more fluent in english, I'm sure they'd register already !!

Last edited:
PerfectDoak said:
Yep, they do, I've got a tube.

I know that vitapointe, i've seen it in boots and wilkinsons, but it's not the clairol vitapointe i'm talking about.
Here's a picture of it :
B000BD97B4.01-A3JVDWO73DMQMO._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Reniece, which has absolutely gorgeous hair (check her album), said that it's the moisturizer she uses on her ends!

_lovelyness said:
I know that vitapointe, i've seen it in boots and wilkinsons, but it's not the clairol vitapointe i'm talking about.
Here's a picture of it :
B000BD97B4.01-A3JVDWO73DMQMO._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Reniece, which has absolutely gorgeous hair (check her album), said that it's the moisturizer she uses on her ends!

I just knew it couldnt be the vitapoint people here were raving about a while back. This Clairol one is suppose to be moisturizing and i know the one we have here does nothing for me and has mineral oil :eek:
no wonder it doesnt work for me......

MissBiss said:
I've never seen any of these or Nexxus in France. I'm sure the situation is just as dire (actually more so) in other countries on the Continent.

My sister is in germany, and she cries about it every single day !! lol
When I visited her last christmas, I was less than impressed with the selection of products in afro shops, and 90% of the black girls were sporting cheap looking weaves anyway...
Never seen nexxus in france, or keracare, or elasta qp, ...and the list goes on !

loonatick said:
I just knew it couldnt be the vitapointe people here were raving about a while back

Lol !! it would have been too good to be true !

Last edited:
_lovelyness said:
You said east london right ? do you know the name of the shops ? which train station ? Kthanks !
I was just searching for online stores that sell Wild Growth Oil and have just seen this notice on http://www.wildgrowth.com. I bought my WGO from Queens Cosmetics just opposite Upton Park station (East London) so it could be fake :(

Warning: Wild Growth Hair Oil Frauds (fakes) are being sold by:
Queens (Beauty Queen) Cosmetics and all of its shop branches.
As an example, the branches include:
Queens (Beauty Queen) Cosmetics
The Stratford Centre
THe Mall
London E 15
United Kingdom
020-8534-8786
Currently, no blame is being placed on the above company nor will legal action will be taken against it. Our intention is only to direct people to the real product.

Last edited:
wow !! That's crazy ! Thanks for letting me know !

rosalindb said:
_lovelyness said:
You said east london right ? do you know the name of the shops ? which train station ? Kthanks !

I was just searching for online stores that sell Wild Growth Oil and have just seen this notice on http://www.wildgrowth.com. I bought my WGO from Queens Cosmetics just opposite Upton Park station (East London) so it could be fake :(

The Stratford Centre
THe Mall
London E 15
United Kingdom
020-8534-8786
Currently, no blame is being placed on the above company nor will legal action will be taken against it. Our intention is only to direct people to the real product.

rosalindb said:
_lovelyness said:

The Stratford Centre
THe Mall
London E 15
United Kingdom
020-8534-8786

When you say beauty queens, is this apart of THEE beauty queens branches aka the BQ's that was in that mix up and it lead to a riot? Because if so they are infamous for selling fakes, right down to the dax, ppl in salons compared th bq one with the regular one and the colours of the red dax was wrong. They also (so I've heard) mix human hair with synthetic. They as bootleg as they come.

I am home visting in the Us, but when I was in the UK I wished that they sold Suave products and pantene relaxed and natural line.

Crissi said:
rosalindb said:
_lovelyness said:

When you say beauty queens, is this apart of THEE beauty queens branches aka the BQ's that was in that mix up and it lead to a riot? Because if so they are infamous for selling fakes, right down to the dax, ppl in salons compared th bq one with the regular one and the colours of the red dax was wrong. They also (so I've heard) mix human hair with synthetic. They as bootleg as they come.

Riot :eek: - I will try to find out if it is the same company but it would not surprise me if they were. A couple of years they received a huge fine for selling bleaching creams "under the counter" that had higher than the legal levels of hydroquinone so they are probably capable of anything.

I only use natural products on my hair so am concerned as to what may be included in the fake WGO. I will contact http://www.wildgrowth.com/ directly and ask for reputable distributors in my area and also try to find out if the WGO that I have is fake.

Would love more BKT choice over here.

I have a mimi maxigilde I any uk ladies are interested- got it for the US 4a pretty penny lol. Iv used it a couple times but I imagen its better 4 short styles. Just pm me.

Back