Uh oh - ACV might have reverted perm

kedra70

I used ACV as my final rinse last night, and after it dried, I had big hair - it was hard or frizzy, just BIG. I used a tablespoon in 32 ounces of water. I just got my hair relaxed Monday night.

Maybe I used too much? Maybe I should rinse and then use the conditioner? Help!!!

Kedra

You should do a conditioner wash today. Vinegar cannot revert your relaxer, but it can make your hair dry as all get out! Do a conwash and a moisturizing deep conditioner and you should be fine!
smile.gif

I do my acv rinses after shampooing my hair, and then I use conditioner. My hair is happy with 4 ounces of acv and 28 ounces of water.

My hair is happy with ACV rinses and I'm even used it right after my touchup. It's also wonderful for skin care. I never had pimples until 2 years ago and nothing worked. Since using seabrease astringent after washing my face and rinsing with acv in very cold water, my face has done a 360 to everyones amazement.

[ QUOTE ]
myhairsos said:
My hair is happy with ACV rinses and I'm even used it right after my touchup. It's also wonderful for skin care. I never had pimples until 2 years ago and nothing worked. Since using seabrease astringent after washing my face and rinsing with acv in very cold water, my face has done a 360 to everyones amazement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Myhairsos how much vinegar are you using to rinse your face? How long did it take you to see results?

pooh123

After seven, yes seven months without relaxing. I did a relaxer last evening, I rinsed and neutralized in the shower,and followed up with a cap full of ACV in about 8oz. of water and poured it over my hair.. let sit about three minutes then put on my cholestral sat under my heating cap for 25min.. My hair is REMARKABLY SOFT ..last night and today the same.. I sprayed some s-curl before putting in a bun today but my hair is extremely smooth and soft!

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for the replies. The day after I did the ACV rinse, my hair went back to normal. I put a little Elasta QP mango butter and Profectiv Lonn -n- Healthy on it and it was soft again. I love this board - everyone is so helpful!!

Kedra

Back