Ughhh!!! Hair Raising Up Off My Back!!

FlawedBeauty

Ok, does anyone have a cure for this. I will never wear my hair down because when i straighten it if I put my head down the hair doesnt stay on my back, but rather it ends up lifting off my back and sticking straight out!!! I hate it sooo bad!! Does anyone else have this problem and is there a cure?? I'm almost APL, will I just have to wait until it gets longer and stops doing that? Please say it aint so ladies :(

TIA

Mine has done that for different reasons at different times... late leaving for class but I'll come back soon as I can with an answer.

I HATE that. HATE IT. My hair always did that until I started going to the Dominicans. Something in the technique makes my hair lose that stiffness and thickness. Hopefully there is a suggestion for something we can do at home.

jasmin said:
Do you guys put too much product on the hair like oils and serum.

I was going to post the same question. Sometimes if your hair is too heavy with products it doesnt swing but stays stiff. idk.

SkinnyMocah said:
I HATE that. HATE IT. My hair always did that until I started going to the Dominicans. Something in the technique makes my hair lose that stiffness and thickness. Hopefully there is a suggestion for something we can do at home.

Took the words right out of my mouth. When I used to relax before going natural, I would have that horrible problem so I would wear my hair up in some style most of the time instead of out, because I hated the way that looked. Then I went natural and didn't have to worry about it, but then when I went back to relaxing I had the Dominicans and they make the hair where it's very bouncy, soft and curves your every movement...even when the hair is short!

Energist said:
Took the words right out of my mouth. When I used to relax before going natural, I would have that horrible problem so I would wear my hair up in some style most of the time instead of out, because I hated the way that looked. Then I went natural and didn't have to worry about it, but then when I went back to relaxing I had the Dominicans and they make the hair where it's very bouncy, soft and curves your every movement...even when the hair is short!

there are no good dominican salons around me that i know of...i went to one a while back and i hated it! they did what i could of done at home...not to mention that the curled my ends under with a curlin iron and i looked like i was rockin a salt n' peppa hair do from the 80s! :ohwell:

jasmin said:
Do you guys put too much product on the hair like oils and serum.

Could be. My hair actually feels better the less stuff I put in it. I still have swing and it doesn't all come up at once if I maintain the blowout texture. Eventually though it starts to dry out and when I add a leave in, etc is when it starts to do that.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I was thinking like the other women, too much product maybe. Not saying too many products, just saying too much with the 1 or 2 that you may use.

Is the shampoo and stuff rinsed all the way? Is your hair in pretty good shape?

I have never had this problem since I was a teen and probably then it was because I was weighing my hair down with product and it wasnt in good shape nor did i have a good cut (think damaged and uneven)

yasjencon2 said:
I was thinking like the other women, too much product maybe. Not saying too many products, just saying too much with the 1 or 2 that you may use.

Is the shampoo and stuff rinsed all the way? Is your hair in pretty good shape?

I have never had this problem since I was a teen and probably then it was because I was weighing my hair down with product and it wasnt in good shape nor did i have a good cut (think damaged and uneven)

i use a minimal amount of product otherwise my hair won't straighten. maybe i should try blwin it straight instead. is it safe to use a round brush and dryer to straighten? my hair is in great shape now as i had all the garbage trimmed off and evened up almost a month ago.

FlawedBeauty said:
i use a minimal amount of product otherwise my hair won't straighten. maybe i should try blwin it straight instead. is it safe to use a round brush and dryer to straighten? my hair is in great shape now as i had all the garbage trimmed off and evened up almost a month ago.

I don't know about a round brush as I never used one. This is what I do. Wash, Condition, small amount of leave in (like a dime and now my hair is tween apl and bsl), then I blowdry (i must admit I have got better results with a dryer with a comb attachment), then small amount of chi silk infusion (like a dime), then flat iron. When I flatiron I bump almost to where I am using it like a curling iron to add body, i dont glide the iron down flat and only bump the ends.:confused: does this make any sense?

yasjencon2 said:
I don't know about a round brush as I never used one. This is what I do. Wash, Condition, small amount of leave in (like a dime and now my hair is tween apl and bsl), then I blowdry (i must admit I have got better results with a dryer with a comb attachment), then small amount of chi silk infusion (like a dime), then flat iron. When I flatiron I bump almost to where I am using it like a curling iron to add body, i dont glide the iron down flat and only bump the ends.:confused: does this make any sense?

yes it makes perfect sense. u are at the perfect length where that doesnt happen with the hair raising. i say that because my hair on my right side, as u can see in my siggy is a little past APL when straightened and i never had that problem with that side when i straightened...i suppose cuz it was long enough that it weighed itself down...but now that i evened it up and its just about APL its not participating with me!

When I wear my hair down I only use keracare shampoo and detangling. So far the only thing to make my hair swing. I use one leave in and the Keracare essential oils after I've used a curling iron (I just bump the ends very little) or flat iron.

When I wear my hair down it's the only time that I don't use the heat protectant but I don't wear it down too often.

The only time my hair did that was if it was way past wash day (when I was washing every 1 to 2 weeks) or if I put way too much product in my hair. I say the less products the better and maybe you need to clarify more often. It's susally the buildup of product that causes the hair to be hard, dry and lifeless.

tnorenberg said:
The only time my hair did that was if it was way past wash day (when I was washing every 1 to 2 weeks) or if I put way too much product in my hair. I say the less products the better and maybe you need to clarify more often. It's susally the buildup of product that causes the hair to be hard, dry and lifeless.

Wow, the last time my hair did that was pre-LHCF... before I discovered moisturizing conditioners and clarifying. Sounds like build-up making it hard (unless you're overdoing the products or protein).

sareca said:
Wow, the last time my hair did that was pre-LHCF... before I discovered moisturizing conditioners and clarifying. Sounds like build-up making it hard (unless you're overdoing the products or protein).

yep, that's what I was gonna say.

Of even if you conditioned your hair well at your wash it might need some more mositure.

and if you're a wrapper... wrapping after flatirong keeps a swinging to the hair... and helps it to lay right

Back