UGH, i'm so confused!

CarLiTa

I need to vent about my hair right now... i really don't know how to deal with it lately... could it be that i'm being a bit impatient, or is it just that my hair sucks sometimes?! :(

I started band camp two weeks ago, and i decided to develop a new regimen or whatever, so that i could keep my hair moisturized. I posted a thread about a week ago and got some great advice. So, i created this mixture of water, Almond/Avocado oil, NTM Silk touch leave-in, SCurl drip, and Hollywood beauty moisturizer and it's GREAT. that's the one thing that's been keeping my hair moisturzed lately. After i spray it on, i put some ORS olive oil cream on my hair and i tie and go to practice.

I got rid of my CON ultra-moisturizing shampoo (green cap) cuz it's not working for me. I bought Suave Milk and Honey shampoo and conditioner, but now i'm starting to think that the SLS or whatever is beginning to dry my hair out!! :eek:

WHAT THE HECK SHOULD I DO?! i need a new shampoo... again... i feel like i'm turning into a PJ! :mad: and i dont' want to... i'm thinking that maybe i should just go back to CON regular (red cap) because that one worked fine on my hair... or i should just find a light shampoo, period.

i'm struggling with my hair right now... i'm thinking that i dont want to do frequent washes... i'm shedding like a ****! and it's been going on for a while now... surprisingly, i dont get breakage anymore, but the shedding is making up for the breakage and that sucks... i really dont understand my hair right now... i would get braids, but i just want to relax in a couple weeks like i said i would and get it over with... that way it'll be easier dealing with my hair.

i needed to vent... i dont know what to do... my hair feels different like it wont absorb the moisture. Yeah, i think i need my CON with the red cap, that worked... and just one conditioner wash a week... and i might start oiling my scalp again, because it's drying out a bit, i think, b/c of all the shedding. i'm thinking of getting some WGO.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I don't have much advice, but your new plan sounds great. You have to do what works best for you. :yep:

Frequent CW really don't work well for me either, because of the extra manipulation, but they are working well for the summer (IDK why). I'm also in the process of trying different poos, because I want something with healthier/safer ingredients, but nothing seems to work like good ol' CON. :)

Someone will come along and give you some suggestions.

Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoo is a great gentle shampoo, in my opinion. It will leave your hair feeling very moisterized. Check it out if you can.

When I was relaxed frequent washing was a no-no for me as well. I was totally faithful to my Cream of Nature in the yellow and green bottle and only washed every week or 10 days. Do what works for your own hair. Also, trends dont work for everyone. To me shampoos like CON are the khaki pants of the hair world--- they never go out of style. Good luck and remember to minimize...too many products can be overkill. Good luck :kiss: -- jainygirl

Last edited:
I know just how you feel. Since it's the summer, I thought I should lay off the heat and give CO washes a try. Even though they make my hair feel so soft and moisturized the first day, the next day it feels like the moisture has been zapped!

As far as gentle shampoos, I love Dudley's Deluxe Shampoo, as well as Creme of Nature's Detangling poo. Have you tried the washing method on the Crown and Glory Website? I gave this a try for the first time last week and my hair didn't feel so dry after I shampooed, and there was little to no shedding afterward. There's some really great tips there too.

Seems like you know what's best for you tho--go back to your staples and your previous routine if that was working better. I find that I can't do everything recommended here, but just work in some of the tips into your own routine. I need to follow my own advice and stop runnin into the BSS everytime there's a new rave! Good luck.

Also remember that the summer season is also the shedding season for some. I don't get too upset about shedding. Breakage however, is something that I worry about. But if you aren't having breakage then I agree w/ everyone else, stick w/ what you know has worked in the past.

Thank you so much for the replies!!!

The reason why I wanted to cowash more often is because i'm at band, and i i sweat a lot, so then the new growth becomes REALLY tangled :eek: and it's hard to go the whole week without washing it... i was thinking of co-washing by mid-week and wash with shampoo during the weekend.

I'm still looking for shampoos, i think on Wednesday, i'm going to Sally's or Metrobeauty to buy a new shampoo, after i do my research on which one i should get. In July, i went to a Dominican salon and they used the Rusk shampoo on my hair and it's crazy 'cause she could comb right through my hair BEFORE deep conditioning... i think i might get that one... and I think she used a Nexxus leave-in and WOW... great slip... I don't know the name but I know it's in a grey bottle...

if u know the name, tell me pretty please :)

This is what I plan to get... and I hope I don't make any mistakes this time:

-Wild Growth Oil, to moisturize my scalp
-Rusk shampoo (the moisturizing one)
-A leave-in that gives me slip (sorry but NTM and Scurl don't work well with my hair... only in my conditioner mix) so I need something else. Suggestions???

-deep conditioner: maybe Queen Helene's cholesterol? Suggestion?

Also... i read an old thread that said something about moisturizing and the different types of hair... (not hair types as in 3c, 2b, 4a or whatever) but one that talked about the characteristics of how u hair maybe be behaving and what it could be missing... it seems that my hair falls into the one that has been moisturized but still isn't strong... i think I need an Aphogee treatment for Damaged Hair :eek: i'm so afraid of it!! last time i did it was in APRIL! so i think i'm going to go ahead and do one this weekend and really moisturize my hair... and see how it goes from then?

Is this good?

Back