UGGGHHHHH--PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

jaibee

Hey folks, I recently moved to Atlanta from south florida. I had a GREAT stylist in florida that has my hair really healthy and growing a lot. I tried a new stylist (recommendation from a family member) here in Atlanta on Saturday cause it was time for a wash, and she dried my hair out now and whatever she washed my hair in left a film and had my hair dried out and breaking. Even though this was my first time going to her, she had someone else wash my hair. The girl was really rough with my hair and she got it really tangled. After she put on some kind of treatment and washed it out, she told the stylist that she couldn't comb it out cause it was so tangled. Basically trying to pass me off like my hair was damaged or something. So the stylist came and looked at my hair and saw that it was full of dandruff. I have always had a dry scalp but I guess the girl who washed me ignored me when I told her that. So the stylist ended up rewashing me and putting another treatment on my hair. I told her I wanted a roller wrap. When she sad me under the dryer, she had the rollers so tight that I had to loosen them up as my hair started to dry. When she was done my hair was so dry. That night when I went to wrap my hair my hair was breaking cause it was so dry. I sprayed some of my paul mitchell moisturizer on it to stop the breaking. I think I'm going to rinse my hair today to get the stylist's product out of it. I don't want to wash it so soon since they put so many products on my head on Saturday. When I was done, the stylist told me that I had a good stylist in florida cause my hair was really healthy. I would like to keep it that way so does anyone know of a good hair salon in the metro atlanta area???

Thanks for listening to me vent, but you know I was ready to
swordfight.gif
on Saturday.

Sorry to here about your hair. I stopped going to stylist because I don't think they really care about the health our your hair. Finding a good one is not that easy. Everyone keeps raving about the dominican salons.

Ditto, DSD. Trying doing a search on the salon discussion board. FYI, I remember reading that people were having a really hard time finding a dominican salon in ATL, so you might not want to get your hopes up for that. I'm sure, however, that you can find a nice salon there that will care for your hair well. HTH.
smile.gif

There's a dominican salon in ATL called Lily's (Lillie's ??? not sure about spelling).
I only heard about it when I visited once, so you may have to find it on the yellow pages.

I found this on another thread.

[ QUOTE ]
This is what my friend emailed me a few months ago when I asked her about the Dominican Salons:

<font color="blue"> </font> I've actually gone to 2 Dominican hair salons: Lily's and Sula's. Lily's is off Jimmy Carter Blvd. I'm not sure of the exact address but you make a right off the exit then go about 2 lights, it is on a plaza with a day spa and some other hispanic business (there is a church in the same lot across from the strip mall). You can't see Lily's from the street because it sits facing the parking lot. There is a Family Dollar on the opposite side of the street.

Sula's in on Peachtree Road; here is the information for that shop:

4934 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30341 (770) 458-1129

You can do Mapquest to find that salon or call for directions.

Lily's is a little cheaper and they have more stylists. Sula is the only one that speaks English in her salon - there are about 3 other stylist.

I go to a Dominican Salon called Lillie's in Gwinett County. U would take I-85N to exit 99 (Jimmy Carter Blvd), make a right on the exit, and the salon is located in a small shopping center after the second light (u would turn at the center where u see the DUI school). Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I was going to a Jamaican lady in Florida. I had never even heard of Dominican salons before I moved to Florida. I am originally from Atlanta and moved to FL for 6 years before coming back to Atlanta. I used to have a great stylist name Darion before I left but I don't think he lives here anymore. Thanks for the support!

The name of it is Lilly's Hair Plus the phone number is 770-446-7111. The address is 5344 Jimmy Carter blvd.. Suite 4 Norcross 30071. A friend of mine goes all the time and her hair is always absolutely gorgeous! Because I live across town, I haven't had the chance to go, but definitely plan to soon! Hope this helps!

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I was going to a Jamaican lady in Florida. I had never even heard of Dominican salons before I moved to Florida. I am originally from Atlanta and moved to FL for 6 years before coming back to Atlanta. I used to have a great stylist name Darion before I left but I don't think he lives here anymore. Thanks for the support!

[/ QUOTE ]
You are so very welcome! Good luck!

Back