UBH Dew Spray

Bees

I have read so many rave reviews about this product so I thought I would try it. Well...I tried it and I hate it and my hair does too! I sprayed it lightly on my hair and my hair turned into a hard plastic like coating on my head. I thought I did something wrong...I tried it again...same thing happened. What would make my hair hard? Has anyone else experienced this?

I've tried UBH Dew a few times and I didn't like it, either. It made my hair feel very gummy & sticky. I thought I had sprayed too much the first time & tried it again on freshly shampooed hair, but it was still sticky and coated. :mad: I threw it out.

I only had success with this product. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, I've always believed that we all have different body pHs and what works well for one person will not do well for the other...I hope you find something that works for you.

hmmm, that is really strange to me. Maybe you should try it alone, without any other products in your hair. I've had great results with both the spray and creme. There isn't any protein in it whatsoever, and it contains a light amount of oil, so there isn't anything that can cause your hair to harden. It actually softens my hair. And it has never made my hair gummy or sticky or oily...thats why i really really really like it...no matter how much i use....my hair never gets hard or sticky. the ingredients list is very basic...it's like water, oil, glycerin and a few other things. welll sorry it didnt work out for you...(especially since it's so expensive)

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get good results with the UBH Dew. It works well on my hair, it goes on light and my hair seems to flow with it. Hit or miss, it's like that sometimes....

Yeah, its one of those things that will either work well or not at all. Believe me I tried to use it many ways because I didnt want to just throw it out. That was a lot of money on a students budget. Infact I just ended up mixing it with my braid spray because I didnt want to throw it away:cool: . Using it on my braids meant I really wouldnt feel that sticky hardness the way I felt it directly on my hair.

Last edited:
PrettyBrownEyes said:
I have never tried it but, did you have something else in your hair that it may have reacted it with?
Each time I used it I started with a clean head. I did have some Cantu leave in conditioner in the first time...but the second time there was nothing in my hair. My hair stylists claims it's loaded with cones and that what was making my hair sticky and hard. She suggested that I use it on damp hair next time. So far I haven't had the urge to try it again.

Back