Types of protien on the hair...does it matter?

Arcadian

and here's why I'm askin:

I love protien, seems like everything I use has protien in it (pretty much anyway)

I've tried Aveda DR line and it freaks my hair out! My hair just don't like it and I think it may have to do with the type of protien thats in it. Even tried a moisterizing conditioner afterwards and my hair was flipped out 7 straight days and I had to seriously baby it during that time.

I can use darn near everything else (and have) except Aveda and its driving me nuts.

I mean, does aveda hate me? maybe its all in my head?

I'm not totally convinced all protiens are created equal in haircare and that some can and do in fact work differently on the strands.

-A

I know that Aveda contains quinoa protein, which is some kind of orgainic protien. Maybe your hair doesn't like that.

Adrian said:
I know that Aveda contains quinoa protein, which is some kind of orgainic protien. Maybe your hair doesn't like that.

I thought about that, but then checked my shampoo which has organic soybean protien in it.

So I don't think its because its organic but could it be the protien? possible!!!

-A

There was a really good thread about the differences between types of protein a few weeks ago....I can't find it using the search function, though. It explained the differences between silk proteins, wheat proteins, keratin, etc. It might help you a lot - if somebody can find it!:look:

preciousjewel76 said:
There was a really good thread about the differences between types of protein a few weeks ago....I can't find it using the search function, though. It explained the differences between silk proteins, wheat proteins, keratin, etc. It might help you a lot - if somebody can find it!:look:

Thanks! I'll see if i can locate it (search kinda don't like me either)

-A

Back