Type 4A to 1A!!! My Italian Salon Hair Experience

I'm glad you made it out of the chair without tears.

but i don't think black hair can really keep up with that type of treatment, every 2 weeks. But everyone is different, so you will need to do what you think is best. I agree with the ladies here that said give it a couple months, see how your hair bounces back. By the sound of it, hubby is concerned. i think he knows some stories.... :lachen:

I have a stylist from my hometown who does something similar. she is gifted, but also a true diva (not in the complimentary sense!)

everytime i go to her, all the folks, men and women both, in my church talk about how goooood it looks! that's all goood but, she uses almost the same styling techniques as your italian dude (she uses heat serum though b4 blowing), and my hair is gorgeous! it lasts a long time too.

but whenever i check my hair later after visiting her, i always see signs of stress afterwards! so she will see me rarely!!! also, she knows it all and is scissor happy with no sign of humility or willingness to listen! so i hope she enjoyed herself last time she saw me! cuz unless i am desperate to get my hair done...enuf said!

we look like hair twins, so i definitely would advise you to watch your back!!!

beautiful! but at a cost... he detangled with a DENMAN?! :shocked: I can only imagine the hair loss you suffered. And a roundbrush isn't much better. Thats almost the most direct heat you can get... and usually when they bd, there is steam coming off, but that might only be if they actually bother to use a heat protectant. With the amount of heat he used on your hair, and the tools involved, I think you could be on a fast track to a thin head of hair with prolonged visits..

Looks very nice but "please" don't get to addicted to it. It sounds like in a long run it will cause you some damage.

Your hair looks great.

I bought a Denman brush a few years ago. I STILL haven't taken it out of the package yet. I've read posts here of ladies using one to detangle their hair.

What part of Italia? I miss Italy, I left Napoli in December. I miss my male hair stylist Fredreco. He had my hair so straight and beautiful! My siggy has Capri in the background.
ciao bella

Where was Fredreco located? Like what salon? I believe I may know him if he is in Napoli.

Ciao Bella

What's wrong with detangling with a Denman? I mean if there was conditioner that would be better of course...

I agree. There was conditioner on the first time he detangled and also something he sprayed on the second time.

I learned through this experience that different strokes for different folks and just because the stylist is "not American" as if that has any weight, doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. Hair is hair and I'm not stressing over what was done, nor am I concerned about the "health" of my hair when I left. Now if I left with my hair at ear length, then that's when I need to be like :wallbash:.

It was different for me, don't get me wrong. I have never detangled with a brush. But, that doesn't mean that it was bad for me because it was outside the norm of what I do. And if I did detangle with a brush, I'm sure I would have seen the same amount of hair on the brush as when he did.

But, I do agree with some of the ladies in that over time it may lead to breakage. Will I go back? Um yeah. :yep: I will be accompanied by my wide tooth comb too. :lachen: But I do know he did use good blowdrying tactics because he didn't just begin blowing with hot hair, he gradually worked up to it as my hair became dry.

As far as it being thin, one of the things that may not show through my pictures is that my hair is naturally thin in texture. Look at my family picture in my fotki and check out my moms hair, and no she doesn't have a relaxer in it. Stylist have always been decieved about my hair because they look at it dry and is like your hair is thick, but then when they feel the roots their like...I've never see a grade of hair like this, it looks thick but when you touch it it's soft and thin. I just don't have coarse hair and never have even during my natural days. So my "thick" definition is really "full" as I know I will never have "thick" hair.

I'm glad you made it out of the chair without tears.

but i don't think black hair can really keep up with that type of treatment, every 2 weeks. But everyone is different, so you will need to do what you think is best. I agree with the ladies here that said give it a couple months, see how your hair bounces back. By the sound of it, hubby is concerned. i think he knows some stories.... :lachen:

Shikas Hair Salon on 33rd that burned down in 2003? Naw, wasn't me :sekret:. I think that was ray ray en em.....

Your hair looks grand. I used to have a stylist who would blowdry/flatiron my hair and it always had bounce and shine. My hair looks thinner when it's blowdryed/flatironed as well and my family thought my hair had fallen out/thinned.

It appears as if you obviously enjoyed the experience and you can't beat the location (across the street).

ooooooooooo. very pretty! nice cut! girl i hear ya...If that is wrong, then i dont wanna be right either!!

Your hair looks pretty! Maybe instead of going every two weeks you can go for special occasions. Like the other ladies said, doing that may thin out your hair over time.

Looks GREAT!! :)

but all that pullin with the Denman brush made me cringe!!!

Where was Fredreco located? Like what salon? I believe I may know him if he is in Napoli.

Ciao Bella

He works on the Navy base salon now. I don't know the name of the Italian salon. He works with a guy named Alberto and he is good also.
ciao bella

Please be careful, because before you know it, all that tugging and pulling, flat ironing and blow outs will wreak havoc on that beautiful head of hair. I still have to admit that it looks really good. Best Wishes

Back