TYPE 4A-4B'S WHO USES FLAT IORNS?

mstasha

TYPE 4A-4B\'S WHO USES FLAT IORNS?

I got some flat irons and it gets up to 230 degrees and it smoked my hair.
mad.gif
It was too too hot. I had it on like about 16 and the temp. goes up to 24 I think. Do the ones that are 180 degrees get hot enough for 4a-4b hair? if not what works for you and what are you using?

Re: TYPE 4A-4B\'S WHO USES FLAT IORNS?

Your hair is very long as I can hear. Mine is about 10 inches. how did you get your hair to grow that long.

[ QUOTE ]
I had it on like about 16 and the temp. goes up to 24 I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have the same iron. The Jilbere #2555 that goes up up to 230 degrees. I have very kinky hair and can straighten it with the iron set on the 7-10 range. 10 is pretty hot...

My aunt bought the 400 degree Superstar iron that was featured on the Maury Povich show. She said it will straighten her hair (relaxed/texturized) only on the highest setting.
ohwell.gif

So all of you are using the hottest ones. What about the size are the 1 1/2 in better then the wide ones? and I guessing the 180 degrees are not worth the money.
confused.gif

and I think my hair grows so fat baecause I still can't figure out for the life of me how to style it. I just wear it in a ponytail all the time. the only time it gets to be down is whrn I get a fresh relaxer. Its past the bottom of my bra strap now and I have started to get hair cuts with my relaxer. I don't want it to get any longer. I just want to look nice every day instead of the ponytail. I already look young and with the ponytail I look about 16. I'm twice that. In need of some flat irons bad!!!!!

I have the Jilbere "slim" iron and I usually use settings 5-7. I think I might have used 10 or 15 once when I first got it, but I realized that was way too hot for my hair. I think the iron is misleading because the handle and outside do not feel as hot and it doesn't smoke or steam like some other irons. I agree with what another poster said on a different topic that it is best to start low and move up if need be.

I have the jilbere and I ususally have it set in the mid-20's if I airdry, late teens if it's been rollerset

Back