Two years natural progress pictures

ArrrBeee

I have updated my Fotki. After 2 years of being natural, not sure what I want to do next. Natural hair for me is a lot of work. I like my curls but they are sooo tangly and take about 40 minutes to tame.

Thanks for all your advice ladies!

fotki.com/chicarica

pw-curly

I think tha why i never consider doin it yet ,but also relaxed hair can be a drang to now its how u take care of it.:perplexed

Great progress. Your hair is amazing. What do you have to do to tame your curls. At that length my hair was worry free for me. It was just co-wash, detangle, shake and go. All of that happened in less than 15 minutes. I loved that life. Maybe there is someway you can shorten that styling time.

turnergirl said:
Great progress. Your hair is amazing. What do you have to do to tame your curls. At that length my hair was worry free for me. It was just co-wash, detangle, shake and go. All of that happened in less than 15 minutes. I loved that life. Maybe there is someway you can shorten that styling time.

To define my curls, I mix Fantasia IC gel with Smooth and Shine Curl Activator. I go through my hair in small sections and shingle with my fingers.

I haven't tried the shake and go without products. I will try it tomorrow.

Congrats. You hair is about the same length it was in the relaxed picture, isn't it? That's some good growth. Happy anniversary!

Congratulations on 2 years + of being natural. Your curls are gorgeous! It seems like no matter what you do to natural hair it takes a long time but it's worth it!

Last edited:
DeepBluSea said:
Congrats. You hair is about the same length it was in the relaxed picture, isn't it? That's some good growth. Happy anniversary!

It sure is. Thanks for the positive comments.

Not Rapunzel said:
To define my curls, I mix Fantasia IC gel with Smooth and Shine Curl Activator. I go through my hair in small sections and shingle with my fingers.

I haven't tried the shake and go without products. I will try it tomorrow.

Congratulations! Your hair looks great. :)

Like TurnerGirl, I have never shingled to get curl definition. I shake and go with using a little IC gel during my CW, rinse with cool water, shake and go. It took me about 5 minutes to style my S&G daily. Now that I bun everyday, it takes about 7 minutes. Have fun with your hair--daily loose styling doesn't have to take all day.

Back