Two strand twists

Have you tried using metal rollerset clips to weigh them down? This helped to stretch my twists as they dried.

I guess during and after the twist process. I plan on doing my hair on Friday night but I want them to stay stretched.

braid them..put a ponytail holder at the roots and maybe one at the end...if u feel the need...do this also when u rinse or wash them...

also when twisting...if u use any product on them that has water in it...they will shrink faster...

all of this will not guarantee u will have totally no shrinkage but these things can keep them from plumping up faster then u want...

HTH

I do my twists on dry hair. For me doing them on dry hair helps the most with decreasing shrinkage. I braid my hair after washing and let it air dry. The only product I use is a curl activator gel on the ends. I have also tried the metal clips and they work well too.

Band, or braid hair, or rollerset till hair is air dried. Then you can twist on dry hair. I know that for me, one thing that I have come to accept about my hair is the shrinkage. It's just a part of our hair girl :) Hopefully over time it won't bother you so much. Try these suggestions and when twisting, use a shea butter, or oil of some type. The person who spoke of water based stuff, helping the shrinkage was right

Back