Two Strand Twists????? Someone post pics!

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
So I got tree braids on Friday....no pics as I don't have a real camera right now...but I used Hot Stuff Fusion hair and it looks fantabulous and the hair is great! The girl did them kind of differently than I am used to, but she did a good job and they were surprisingly uber cheap to get done compared to back home in atl...

anyway, the girl said I should consider getting double strand twists. She said since my hair is nice and spongy, it would work out nicely and it also shows length well. She did a test one for me and I was like :eek: WOW it looked great and it did show some length! I was like man I gotta get me some of that! I will get that done when I run out of extension hair...I have a lot and want to use it up first....anyway, anyone have any pics of soem two strand twists??? I like the small ones! I will probably get cornrows in the front and then small two strands all int he back...man that will look quite lovely!

pick any natural on this board (except me, cuz i dont have a camera) and look in their albums!! sooooo many pretty pretty two strand twists....i hope you got all night!

i love the tree braids look....but i just dont trust folks with my hair anymore...you think i could figure out how to do it myself?? :lol:

nurseN98 said:
I did some twists last week too, they're in my album :D
How long do two strand twists usually last. I'm getting my hair styled in either two strand or comb twists in a few weeks.

PittGirl06 said:
your hair is puuuuurdy :grin:
Thanks!
My twists last 2.5 to 3 weeks tops. It depends on whether you tie down the hair at night and your tolerance for frizz. When I got them professionally done I was told 4 weeks though.
Not mentioned but I thought I'd add- twists are really easy to do and it's worth learning how to do them yourself. I can't believe I paid 80 bucks to have them done. And doing yourself is also more comfortable.

mahoganee said:
How long do two strand twists usually last. I'm getting my hair styled in either two strand or comb twists in a few weeks.
the longest ive kept mine in is three weeks....my hair likes to try to merge in the back so its best that i dont keep them in too long. unless i plan to loc :D

I have twist in my year two and three album. My twist only last about 9 days, which is a bummer b/c I love twist.

ETA: (my avatar picture is small twist)

U know there are alot of variations of what tree braids actually are. So can you please clear things up. I've heard that they cornrow your real hair in very very skinny cornrows and they add braid extensions as they are braiding along. is this true? How much money does this cost? I may try tree braids but I'll never get micros again....it takes too long, it's too expensive, and it's too damaging. :look:

TIA

AFashionSlave said:
Hi neighbor! I'm in KC.
Girl! Gon' wicha bad self. These are really nice. :cool: I just ordered a braids by breslin bundle so that I can do my hair myself sometimes. I know how to cornrow now I want to learn other styles. Save myself some money. Where's Exotic African Hair Braiding located?

Last edited:
Back