Two-Strand Twist Out Turned Out BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!

loverofnaps71

Hello Ladies!

I am so thrilled that my two-strand twists came out really good. They weren't perfect in the back and I didn't want to go to church like that, so I decided to take them out. Well, lemme tell you! My hair turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! I couldn't believe the body and volume of my curls! It was terrific! As I practice and learn to master the two-strand, I'll send pics. [I wish I had a camera now and that my scanner was working...I can't send pics of the twist-out.]

Someone wanted to know the products I used and my regimen. I absolutely LOVE this new product by African Pride called Castor & Mink Oil with African Shea Butter. This oil is VERY light and I used that along with IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel, which is alcohol free and non-flaking. The gel is terrific for holding the twists and locking in moisture. It's also terrific for curlies who want to hold their curl pattern without the stickiness or flaking.

To loosen the twists for the twist-out, I simply applied a little of the African Pride Castor and Mink Oil to my fingers, then gently untwisted the twists. After all twists were undone, I used Surge's Lotion Motion #9 (ALL essential oils) to finger comb. Go out today and get this Surge product. It's excellent! My hair is still shiny and full of body and volume. I don't know how long the twist-out will last, but I'm hoping until at least I go to New York for New Years...
clap.gif
clap.gif

Happy New Year to all of you!

Good for you! I wish I could join you for the New Year in New York. Also how big are your twists?

Congrats on the twist out success. Now if only we had a visual...hint hint
grin.gif

Bublnbrnsuga, I do see the resemblance with Tatyana Ali. Come to think of it, have I ever seen you two apart????
tongue.gif

Re: Two-Strand Twist Out Turned Out BEAUTIFULLY!!!

congrats!!!!
Question; how do you do this 2 strand twist...don't they untwist when you let go?

I bet it just looks lovely!

@ccd: The twists don't unravel because the natural curl or nap holds the twists in, often without product added. All you have to do is just grab (or part) and twist to the ends, twirling the ends to make a little coil. Different sizes of twists, different conditions (i.e. wet, dry, damp), different products, and different natural textures can all add up to different twist/twist-out effects.

thanks for the explanation! I may try it soon
smile.gif

congrats on what i KNOW is a beautiful hair style. be sure to post pics as soon as you can.
smile.gif
i've tried the african pride castor and mink oil before, it provides an excellent sheen, but i think i'm allergic to it because it had a sistah itching like crazy.
frown.gif

You're welcome!

This is the perfect idea for a New Year's Eve style...I'm twisting my hair now for a 12/31 twistout! Perfect for a night out!

Thank you all for your compliments. When I get to Dad's, I'll be sure to get him to show me how to use his digital cam so that I can send pics! You guys are the greatest! MissKenyana....please do keep me informed of how they turn out. Miss Kenesha, perhaps I'll do them again in time for the LHCF meeting. Hope to see you there is your new, FLY transitional state! Hopefully, we'll be able to exchange ideas and advice if you need it. I'll bring along a list of products, oils, etc. I use to care for my natural.

[ QUOTE ]
missykeyana said:
You're welcome!

This is the perfect idea for a New Year's Eve style...I'm twisting my hair now for a 12/31 twistout! Perfect for a night out!

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
EXACTLY What I was thinking...the twist or a braidout..... either way I know I'll be happy

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Thank you all for your compliments. When I get to Dad's, I'll be sure to get him to show me how to use his digital cam so that I can send pics! You guys are the greatest! MissKenyana....please do keep me informed of how they turn out. <font color="red">Miss Kenesha, perhaps I'll do them again in time for the LHCF meeting. Hope to see you there is your new, FLY transitional state! Hopefully, we'll be able to exchange ideas and advice if you need it. I'll bring along a list of products, oils, etc. I use to care for my natural.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I will def. be at the next meeting; I can't miss 'em! Please do bring your natural knowledge and products; last time you brought enough products for the whole crew
laugh.gif
And definitely rock the twist-out!
smile.gif

Back