Two inches from bra strap--Whoo hoo!!1

melodee

Hey guys,
You are the first to know that I am now closer to meeting my bra strap by September goal! I was at almost 18 inches when I started my journey back on April 20th. Well, I'm at 20 now. It's been a while since my last touch up April 17th, and my hair is still kind of krinkly at the roots. I just co washed and dried (w/ heat)and then used a curling iron to straighten (I used low heat). I know that's a nono.
naughty.gif
naughty.gif
But I treated myself after two months of ponytail, braid, and bantu sets. I had been feeling kind of depressed about my hair b/c I had just taken out my cornrows( in for two weeks)and shed like mad. I was sure my hair was in bad shape. After a few deep conditioning sessions, I decided that if my hair was going to be in bad shape, it's gonna at least look fly. WOah, I was shocked when I got a mirror and looked at the back when I was done. My hair was still full looking, and it even seemed a lil bit longer. Did my eyes decieve me? I got out the measuring tape. After fumbling awhile, I measure 20 1/4 inches. I did have to trim that 1/4 inch off. But I am close to bra strap which for me is 22 inches. I am so thankful to y'all for all the tips and inspiration!!!!
rosebud.gif

Congratulations!

Don't forget some (probably most) of the hair you call shedding like mad, is probably the hair that you would have seen on a daily basis had your hair not been braided...so it SEEMS like you lost more hair, but probably not. Hope this makes sense.

Happy hair growing to you!!

Congrats!! I wont reach my goal until next june 2004 (waist lenght). Right now it's at bra strap lenght, but once I gain 4 more inches, I would have reached my first goal which is waist lenght, then the next year (2005) hopefully tailbone.
trampoline.gif

Congratulations
clap.gif
clap.gif
I can only imagine how good you feel I'm jealous
laugh.gif

That's great Melodee...you'll get those two inches in no time.

BTW, are you short in stature? I ask this because bra strap length is 24 or 25 inches on me.

You know I was thinking the same thing Crysdon... I'm 5'9" so bra strap on me is about 25 or 26 inches. I have a loooooooooong way to go. Anyways Congratulations Melodee!! I'm sure your hair looks fabulous and You'll be at bra strap in no time
smile.gif
My suggestion is take advantage of this summer weather by stepping up your regimin. During these summer months my hair seems to take off like wildfire!!!

Now to only get this kind of action during the winter
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
During these summer months my hair seems to take off like wildfire!!!
Now to only get this kind of action during the winter

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO. I guess we'll have to move to California for that to happen
laugh.gif

Right behind you Crys
laugh.gif
CALI HERE WE COME!!!!!!

Most of my hair inspirations on this board live in warm weather climates. There might be something to this.

~*~*~CONGRATULATIONS~*~*~

[ QUOTE ]
That's great Melodee...you'll get those two inches in no time.

BTW, are you short in stature? I ask this because bra strap length is 24 or 25 inches on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing.

WTG Melodee
clap.gif

You are such a nice person, I couldn't think of anyone better to wish long, healthy, hair on! I can't wait until I'm shouting the same thing!!!
laugh.gif

Yeah! Congratulations...I know that must be a great feeling. I am about your height too...maybe my brastrap goal is right around the corner too....(now where did I put my measuring tape?)
think.gif

Back