twists that don't fall on the face?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I am just wondering, does anyone have pics of nice looking twists that don't fall right on the face or fo'head? I am just asking because I hope to get twists done soon...if this girl calls me back.....and i don't want them falling on my face like they did last time i got them done (back in i think october).

I was thinking of getting cornrows in the front and twists int eh back but my rows never last too long. I don't know how some of yall keep twists in for six weeks! Anyway, If I get twists they'll be medium sized with my own hair......any ideas or pics of somethign nice thats not on the face?

you could always have the very very front parts of your hair twisted or flat twisted towards the back enough so that they stay off of your face and then just twist the rest of the hair. I recently did that with my own hair and it stays off of the face perfectly. (But my camera is broken so I don't have any pics)

HTH :)

thanks yall. i'mma get them did thursday nite at 8 and she betta be done before midnight so I can be sure to get a bus home! :)

whats wrong with brown gel?

Actually, I am not sure, but I think she makes her own stuff....I could be wrong though. I am gonna find out on Thursday. Hopefully I won't come out looking like Frankenstein's monster.

kristina said:
Just make sure she doesn't use the evil brown gel.

Don't even get me started on the brown gel!! My mom twisted my hair with brown gel one time and my ends were so hard, I couldn't untwist my hair!!

Sorry, I got started.

I agree with the other posts. Just have her style it away from the face. I have a pic in my December 05 album. The back it a twist out but I wore it with the twists in for a few days.

PittGirl06 said:
whats wrong with brown gel?

Actually, I am not sure, but I think she makes her own stuff....I could be wrong though. I am gonna find out on Thursday. Hopefully I won't come out looking like Frankenstein's monster.

It's super drying when you use a ton of it. When I finally took them out, my hair was as dry as when I wear braids for 5 months straight. And the last and only time I had professional twists, my stylist used a ton of it. I imagine that it'd tint your hair at any rate but she may or may not figure that out. So much that my hair was slimy when wet. Oh, how I wish I could pull up Catsuga's thread on this (I tried but couldn't pull it using the search function).

Of course, I could have just had a particularly jacked up experience.

Back