Twists/Flat Twists for Relaxed Hair

Adaj

Hi my lovely ladies,

I have been loving this site since I joined. I have a question: For relaxed hair, are you all doing two-strand twists for twist outs or flat twists then take it out in the morning? Do you retwist your hair every night or does the twist out last the whole week? Also, after twisting, do you secure it with a rubber band? I want to try this sometime soon!!! All advice/methods appreciated:grin:

I love twist outs (i just do regular), for me it's better than braid outs since my hair is short, and the braid outs make it even shorter. I put pillow rollers on the end, and go to sleep. Since my hair is too short to pull up in the back I have to redo it at night, because my hair gets flattened.

working on trying to thicken up my edges. :ohwell:

100_0772.jpg

Last edited:
i usually do 2 rows of flat twists (one in front and one in back) and when I initially do them I put a rubber band at the end of the flat twist (essentially when the twist is starting to come off the scalp) b/f beginning to do the 2 strand twists and then I roll the ends with a perm rod. I take them out the next morning and I only retwist every other day in about 4-5 big flat twists for the whole head (no rubber bands or rollers) and cover each night with a satin cap. The retwisting allows me to go for up to a week with the flat twist set

If you use setting lotion it should last at least a week maybe two without retwisting. Just make sure you wear a bonnet at night and a shower cap in the shower. I do my mom's hair (relaxed) like this and she's kept hers in up to three with no retwisting at all.

so would you all consider this protective styling? will this help with stretching relaxers and retaining length?

If you use setting lotion it should last at least a week maybe two without retwisting. Just make sure you wear a bonnet at night and a shower cap in the shower. I do my mom's hair (relaxed) like this and she's kept hers in up to three with no retwisting at all.

Glam, you did this on wet or dry hair? Any other products?

so would you all consider this protective styling? will this help with stretching relaxers and retaining length?

Glam, you did this on wet or dry hair? Any other products?

I do them on wet hair because they last longer. I usually use a setting lotion or leave in. Then she sits under the dryer for an hour and then sleeps on it. It'll be dry by morning.

When I was relaxed and a teenager my stylist would do my hair the same way. Wash, twist wet with setting lotion and have me sit under the dryer until dry. You have to make sure the hair is completely dry before you remove the twists though or else it'll get fuzzy.

Hi my lovely ladies,

I have been loving this site since I joined. I have a question: For relaxed hair, are you all doing two-strand twists for twist outs or flat twists then take it out in the morning? Do you retwist your hair every night or does the twist out last the whole week? Also, after twisting, do you secure it with a rubber band? I want to try this sometime soon!!! All advice/methods appreciated:grin:

I do 10 2-strand twists and secure the ends by rolling them on a piece of drinking straw, secured with a roller pin. In the moring, I remove the twists, only when they are completely dry. At bedtime, I just hold my head upside down and put on a satin bonnet...I don't retwist. My style lasts about 2 days, then I finish the week wearing twistout updos.

Back