Twist Set

Xcellence2

Yes I am getting a bit of spring/summer fever and I am trying to find quick and easy ways to do my hair since I plan on working out a lot in the next couple of months...Plus it takes my FOREVER to roller set my hair and for it to dry.

SO can you twist set (2 strand twist) sections of your hair and get a cute wavy look. If so how do you do it, maintain it and do you have pics? Thanks a bunch ladies!

I twist sometimes. Just part it as if braiding. I like to put a little smooth n Shine on the twists to hold them and make them shinny. I will look for a pic.

I always do twist sets on my hair. I don't like how braid-outs look; it comes out too crinkly & frizzy on me. The twists give me a wavy & curly look, as opposed to the crinkles.

I have a pic of how my twists look in my album. I also have some old twist-out pics, but I need to update those. I'm wearing a twist-out today, so I'll try to take some pics tonight & post them.
smile.gif

yup, i always do twists sets also. like lindy said, it gives you a wave curl. i put rollers on the ends of my twists and twist it as if braiding.

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I always do twist sets on my hair. I don't like how braid-outs look; it comes out too crinkly & frizzy on me. The twists give me a wavy & curly look, as opposed to the crinkles.

I have a pic of how my twists look in my album. I also have some old twist-out pics, but I need to update those. I'm wearing a twist-out today, so I'll try to take some pics tonight & post them.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I may try this. I look forward to seeing your new twistout pics tonight!
smile.gif

I love your twistout Lindy!! How beautiful! What do you secure your ends with? Do you sleep with your twist in?

Thanks, Isis!! Yes, I usually wash my hair in the evening then twist it up. I put paper covered sponge rollers on the ends (grouping 2 or 3 twists together) before I go to bed. It's dry by morning. Then to maintain the waves, I retwist every night, spraying it lightly and using moisturizer & oil.

Sometimes if I'm going to wear it up the next day, I won't retwist, but it gets a bit frizzy, and the waves are less defined when the twists aren't freshly done...
ohwell.gif

Thank you Tammy for the compliment.

Lindy - I will definitely give it a try and post pics. I dont do the braidouts either since I can wash and go with the same result. Hopefully the twist out will give a mess time consuming option to a roller set.

[ QUOTE ]
Xcellence2 said:
Lindy - I will definitely give it a try and post pics. I dont do the braidouts either since I can wash and go with the same result.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to see your twistout pics, Excellence!! Your hair is beautiful, and I know that the twistout is gonna look awesome on you!!
grin.gif

Back