Twist out with Curly Pudding is a hit!

so1913

Well ladies, with the short new length, and the possiblitly of the idea that pulling my hair constantly back MAY attribute to straightening or loosening the curl towards the top/front of my hair, I need to figure out other ways to style my hair. I decided to try a flat twist set/twist out with Curly Pudding. I think because I'm not used to wearing my hair out and because it's shorter, I thought I looked crazy, but I've received soooo many compliments. My manager yesterday, who currently has a silkener and beautiful hair, kept stopping in the middle of going over work to say "I love your hair!" all day. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to, and keep practicing at, but with the winter months now here, daily conditioner washes aren't going to do and this may be my solution.

Soooo, I'd recommend using curly pudding for your twist outs....

Oh, another tip, instead of doing flat twists from the front all the way to the back, part your hair from ear to ear, making a top and bottom half. Flat twist two rows instead of one, middle to back, and front to middle. It's easier to manage, you get more definition, and I think this works best especially for people with layers in their hair. I got this idea from my hairdresser in NC who did the twist out for the wedding I was in in May.

I may have to give this a try because my flat twist out looks great in the front, but a hot mess in the back. Thanks for the tip!

so1913 said:
Oh, another tip, instead of doing flat twists from the front all the way to the back, part your hair from ear to ear, making a top and bottom half. Flat twist two rows instead of one, middle to back, and front to middle. It's easier to manage, you get more definition, and I think this works best especially for people with layers in their hair. I got this idea from my hairdresser in NC who did the twist out for the wedding I was in in May.

I don't understand the ear to ear tip... i don't understand how that works.... do you just twist it sideways? .. i'm kind of confused.

and another question... how do you keep your twists from coming undone. I like doing small braids because they don't come loose as easily.

Kristenxdollface said:
I don't understand the ear to ear tip... i don't understand how that works.... do you just twist it sideways? .. i'm kind of confused.

and another question... how do you keep your twists from coming undone. I like doing small braids because they don't come loose as easily.

I think she's saying part your hair ear to ear... so you have a front half and a back half. Then cornrow the hair in each half...back (like you normally would)... instead of having 1 long row for each braid...you'll have two shorter ones.

so1913 said:
Well ladies, with the short new length, and the possiblitly of the idea that pulling my hair constantly back MAY attribute to straightening or loosening the curl towards the top/front of my hair, I need to figure out other ways to style my hair. I decided to try a flat twist set/twist out with Curly Pudding. I think because I'm not used to wearing my hair out and because it's shorter, I thought I looked crazy, but I've received soooo many compliments. My manager yesterday, who currently has a silkener and beautiful hair, kept stopping in the middle of going over work to say "I love your hair!" all day. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to, and keep practicing at, but with the winter months now here, daily conditioner washes aren't going to do and this may be my solution.

Soooo, I'd recommend using curly pudding for your twist outs....

Uuuuhhh...pics please...thank you

ThursdayGirl said:
I think she's saying part your hair ear to ear... so you have a front half and a back half. Then cornrow the hair in each half...back (like you normally would)... instead of having 1 long row for each braid...you'll have two shorter ones.

That's exactly right.

so1913 said:
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding available at http://www.curve-salon.com

Thanks for the link..Is it really $28.00???..Also, it says not to use on straight hair. Is your hair straight or curly?? I need something that will give me great definition for my braid-outs because my braid-outs come out stringy and messed up. :eek:

I saw something at Sally's that said curly pudding, I don't know exactly what it was but it's in an orange container. Anybody know anything about it?

MzTami said:
Thanks for the link..Is it really $28.00???..Also, it says not to use on straight hair. Is your hair straight or curly?? I need something that will give me great definition for my braid-outs because my braid-outs come out stringy and messed up. :eek:

I saw something at Sally's that said curly pudding, I don't know exactly what it was but it's in an orange container. Anybody know anything about it?

Unfortunately, that is the real price:-( I am natural. It's similar to BBD Glass which is what the salon used before creating Curly Pudding. Glass runs for $19, a little cheaper, however, I cannot tell you if one is better than the other.

http://www.bigbadd.com.

so1913 said:
Unfortunately, that is the real price:-( I am natural. It's similar to BBD Glass which is what the salon used before creating Curly Pudding. Glass runs for $19, a little cheaper, however, I cannot tell you if one is better than the other.

http://www.bigbadd.com.

Thanks for responding.
What can I use for my transitioned hair for definition for my braid-outs?? Also, the more natural hair that I have, will my braid-outs become more defined, instead of stringy??
Thanks in advance.

MzTami said:
Thanks for responding.
What can I use for my transitioned hair for definition for my braid-outs?? Also, the more natural hair that I have, will my braid-outs become more defined, instead of stringy??
Thanks in advance.

I am transitioning and I use BBD Glass for my braid outs and it works very well. I did try it with Curly pudding but cant remember the results.

MzTami said:

Does anyone have an answer to this? I am curious also.

chajen32 said:
Does anyone have an answer to this? I am curious also.

I think it's a new product call tress effects or trezz tranzitions or something like that...it's from the Lottabody line, I've been meaning to try them out. I don't think it's the same as curve's curly pudding.

Back