Twist & curl updo with pic

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
Hi everyone! :wave: I know I'm supposed to be doing a wig reggie til July, but I took a break to style my hair for MsLizziA's contest. I put my hair in small individual two strand twists, slathered each twist with Bee Mine's Bee Hold (:giggle: I always smile when I see that jar. Thanks again, ThickRoot!), wrapped the twists around a sponge roller and hit the sack. Then today I woke up and took them out, pinned the sides up and here it is:

5330639749_0c60ba0dac_z.jpg

This is my first time doing any kind of twisted style on my own hair with no extensions. If you like it I would really appreciate it if you'd leave a comment on my picture, on MsLizziA's StrawberriCurl fan page. The pic with the most comments wins. That's how the contest works. Thanks everyone :pray:

ETA: If you would like to vote for me but do not wish to use facebook, you can vote at this link: StrawberriCurls, Contest Entry 8 Twist & Curl Updo. VOTE BY... !! Thanks MsLizziA!! :yay:

Last edited:
You look gorgeous! I need to up my style game...all I ever do is bun and occasionally wear twist outs. Thanks for sharing.

It's cute, I tried to say so on fb, but do I have to friend you or something b/c I can't comment by clicking the link. Anyhow, I send you a comment and you can paste it or something.

You look gorgeous! I need to up my style game...all I ever do is bun and occasionally wear twist outs. Thanks for sharing.

I hardly wear my hair out either, lol! I'm always worried that the relaxed ends will look too thin compared to the thick natural hair. But when I curled it up it wasn't too bad. Thanks for the compliments :blush3:

Thanks! What products did you use for your curls? Did you make twists first too?

You're welcome. I used activator gel and made about 14 loose twists. I did a twist out with it that left me with this.

100_7749_2119-vi.jpg

After humidity hit it, I ended up with my hair looking like a wash n go.

Twistout-vi.jpg

So i used some clear eco styler gel to smooth my edges up and ended with this:

Naamloos1-vi.jpg

I hope the pictures aren't too big.

^^^Not too big at all!! I love the waves in the last pic :love:

You're right, it did look like a wash & go in those pics. Guess them's the breaks when you're natural :lol: I'll be natural too whenever I stop fighting the urge to cut. :look:

Wow! beautiful updo, your style looks vintage and chic! :)

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I was going for with the polka dot top & updo. :yep: Girl you should see me on the streets with my corsets, vintage dresses and hoop skirt. :lachen: I love it!

Back