TWA wearers!

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Being that we're minimalists.. What's your regimen?

I'm looking for new tips/tricks, if any, but so far my regimen is basic:

Wash once a week w/ Fulphyl, then Creme of Nature
Deep Condition under dryer w/ LeKair one week, Moisturfuse the next
Rinse (I've not yet done ACV) and pat dry, then lightly oil damp hair with KemiOyl
Tie down w/ stocking cap

Daily, I would lightly mist the hair with a water/glycerin mixture and brush w/ a med-soft natural bristle brush. Now it's getting cold, I'm starting to wear caps. So I may just oil hair lightly instead...

TWA= Tennie Wennie Afro

Im not sure when a twa is no longer considered TW but mine is 3 inches long and I basically keep it twisted for now.

I wash weekly with suave moisturizing formula.

Deep condition bi weekly with either lustersilk aloe vera creme conditioner or a warm mixture of nexxus humetress and olive oil.

I oil as needed with castor oil.
smile.gif

that sounds pretty good. i have a little nexxus humetress and olive oil left in my position. maybe ill try this together since im to my last.

seems like the combination adds moisture and shine?
clap.gif

I wash once a week with natural shampoo so my scalp doesn't get stripped, dry, and agitated. I use Aubrey Organics shampoo.

I deep condition afterwards with a mix of either Lekair Cholesterol conditioner or Elasta QP's DPR-11 Remoisturizer, some oil, and some honey. The oil used varies from week to week: almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil. I put on a shower cap and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes.

I do an ACV rinse for my final rinse.

I spray rosemary growth spritz and I style. Either twists, coils, or just fro and go. I don't have to use any products. I just spray my rosemary growth spritz on in the morning and at night. My scalp stays clean, my hair stays soft until the next time!

How does one do an apple cider vinegar rinse? Do you mix it water or not? Then you just rinse it before your shampoo? I can't stand the smell of apple cider vinegar...

I mix a 2 qt. pitcher of water with 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar. Then I just pour it over my hair after I rinse the conditioner out good...as a final rinse. I can't stand the smell either, but it goes away fast. You won't even smell it anymore after your hair is dry.

so you don't do it before you wash...I thought it was for clarifying.

It is for clarifying. I do it after I wash to remove any extra residue that I may have left in my head during the wash (extra shampoo or conditioner). It helps reduce the itchies this way, and helps me go more days between washes.

I don't think it would do a whole lot for my head before I shampoo.

I have a twa, I do CO washes only and I let my hair air dry with no product or oils, etc. When it looks dry I just CO wash again. I do Co washes once to twice a week, too often dries my scalp and hair becaus eof this Hard Philly water.

I don't put any product after, I put on a dug rag ( wave cap) before I got to sleep. My Scalves come off since my hair is non existent.

In the morning I spray with a little Dew and pick it so it doesn't look matted. No rinsing because of hard water.

I noticed that my forehead isn't shining since I started this ( Co wash only routine) no build up or breakouts from the mositurizer and oils dripping or sweating down.

Also my scalp soreness subsided, i have a nice sheen and my hair feels softer

I co wash daily with dove, pantene R&N, garnier masque, or VO5. While wet I add Mango Butter OR aloe vera curl gel and thats it! i comb out once per week with a wide tooth comb.

I deep condition once a week with lustasilk cholesterol w/ aloe vera.

I do scalp massages nightly with hot6 oil. My hair doesnt like oil but i love the smell!

dryness is part of my problem now. I look shine on my hair but the weather change is starting to make it dry. I'll have to try your regimen/products
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
I co wash daily with dove, pantene R&N, garnier masque, or VO5.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know when to use which shampoo? are they all different kinds or the same, just diff. products?

wow.. thanks, ladies for posting your "basic" regimens. You've got some good ones. But being a minimalist (product-wise) isn't gonna work, huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Laela said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
I co wash daily with dove, pantene R&N, garnier masque, or VO5.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know when to use which shampoo? are they all different kinds or the same, just diff. products?

[/ QUOTE ]

I conditioner wash everyday not shampoo. I choose the conditioner by what smell i feel like in the morning...lol its strange but true. For a shampoo i clarify with pantene like every 2 weeks with barely a dime amount lathering only once.

Oh, thanks for the clarification! . I saw "co" and read it as "do." I'd tried CO's but they dry out my scalp. ONce a week washing is good enough, esp. since I'm not interested in growing out my hair anytime soon. At the rate it's growing, I'll have to visit the barber once a week! eek!

When I had a TWA this summer I conditioner washed every day with Suave whatever (depending on what smell I want). Some days I clarified with VO5 Kiwi and Lime Conditioner. When I felt I needed shampoo, I used CON and lathered only once. Afterwards I would smooth on some ORS Olive Oil Cream, Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer (works just as well but cheaper), or Thermasilk Control and Condition Cream, pick...or not, and go!

I gave away Elasta's Mango butter, it just never worked for me
nono.gif
but, thanks for posting your regimen!

OK, ladies.. thanks to DSD's consultation on my dry hair, I have adjusted my routine. I still shampoo once a week, but I was advised to use a clarifying shampoo sted of CON. For daily, I wet my hair in the shower or with my brush (dipped in warm water) and apply a dab of Carol Daughter's Milk and tie down to dry. I'm getting compliments on my hair already!

Back