Twa Tangles

tannicfer

I honestly feel like I'm looking for some sort of miracle cure here because I can't figure out a way around it. But I did a big chop in early June and my 4c hair is about 2-3 inches long. If I wet it and leave it out to dry, it dries tangled. I'm afraid this is going to lead to breakage.

I've done some searches on here and saw plaiting as something to do every night, but that doesn't really work for me with how short my hair is.

I also don't see myself not wetting my hair every morning. In order to make it presentable for work, I have to do some sort of styling and that usually involves wetting my hair.

Do you guys have any tips for avoiding tangles in really short hair?

I am a 4C. My hair is finally growing after 20+ years. I am natural and I believe that my hair shaft was forever damaged by relaxers years ago. My hair is like a brillo pad.

I have been praying to God to help me. A couple weekends ago, he led me to a video by @Chicoro regarding hair porosity. Mine is off the charts and I realized my hair is damaged-forever.

So, she suggested I try conditioner products that have Behentrimonium Cloride and Dimethicone. So I went out and brought Andre Walker's line for kinky hair. The conditioner revolutionized my hair. Smooth it over your hair, do not pull the ends apart, just smooth and pull them gently. Keep smoothing it like you are petting a cute animal. Over time as your hair grows out, prayer hands will work. Also, you need to wash out the cones at least once a week. My hair is doing so well, that I do it more often and it's JUICY.

Just passing on what the Lord showed me and I hope it helps you my sister. So far, this has been a great blessing for me. God bless you.

I am a 4C. My hair is finally growing after 20+ years. I am natural and I believe that my hair shaft was forever damaged by relaxers years ago. My hair is like a brillo pad.

I have been praying to God to help me. A couple weekends ago, he led me to a video by @Chicoro regarding hair porosity. Mine is off the charts and I realized my hair is damaged-forever.

So, she suggested I try conditioner products that have Behentrimonium Cloride and Dimethicone. So I went out and brought Andre Walker's line for kinky hair. The conditioner revolutionized my hair. Smooth it over your hair, do not pull the ends apart, just smooth and pull them gently. Keep smoothing it like you are petting a cute animal. Over time as your hair grows out, prayer hands will work. Also, you need to wash out the cones at least once a week. My hair is doing so well, that I do it more often and it's JUICY.

Just passing on what the Lord showed me and I hope it helps you my sister. So far, this has been a great blessing for me. God bless you.

Ohhh, I was able to find the video and it's a good one. My hair is actually really low porosity. It was low porosity even when it was relaxed. Getting moisture into my hair has always been a struggle. I feel like it's doing pretty good on the moisture front now though. I would never call it juicy but it's really soft which I associate with it being moisturized. I'll definitely be on the look out for those ingredients though, the next time I'm shopping. Couldn't hurt to give it a try!

Back