TWA Ladies, I need your help! **PICS included!**

theeREALmccoy

HEY! :drunk:

I just recently did the BC & I would LOVE if i could get some input from some of you ladies! I BC'd on an impulse after transitioning for 8 months so I don't have that much hair! The problem i'm having is that 1) I'm not sure if I'm properly moisturizing bc i'm not sure how my hair should feel! I think my hair is very course...If i had to guess at my hair type i would say that i'm prolly 4a-ish? IDK! I have looser curls in the front and towards the back there are tight, pencil sized curls. I said all that to say that i'm not sure how soft my hair should feel since its course...

Lemme tell yall what I've been doing to my hair recently:

-Hop in the shower and either wash with Elasta QP Creme Shampoo or ORS Creamy Aloe (the latter only if i feel like i have a lotta buildup) OR I use a conditioner while i shower. The ones in rotation now or HE HH, Lustrasilk Shea butter & Mango, or Aussie 3min Miracle...

-On damp hair I apply Nexxus Humectress and an oil (usually olive) --> I read somewhere that a leave-in conditioner can be moisturizing...is this true????

-I apply IC fantasia Olive Oil Gel to get curl definition

This brings me to my second issue...In using those products, it leaves my hair kind of white-ish until it dries completely! Does ur hair do this???

I'm rambling...I know! :perplexed I just need some input! lol...

Oh yea! Here are some pics! :grin:

My hair in its W&G style:

Hair with nothing in it:

its so bushy! :nono:

OK so i know i've rambled on and ur probably like Wth is this chick talking bout?? But basically i wanna kno if what i'm doing sounds ok to you and if my hair should be super soft? (cuz its not!) and does your hair turn white when you layer products??

OK I'm done! For now!:lachen:

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 33
Do you ever braid or twist? That helps your hair hold onto the moisture. Are you saying you sometimes wash with shampoo and NOT condition? Then add the humectress as a leave-in? If so I would definitely condition more often and deep condition sometimes as well. Also maybe use a little oil sometimes to seal, instead of gel so often.

Try cowashing more often instead of shampooing. I only shampoo like once a week. But I acv rinse twice a week so I never have a problem with build up and my hair is always soft. You can also try baggying. I'm not that big on it because I hate wearing shower caps but it definitely works.

I have the same problem with the white look when i moisturize. I use elasta qp mango butter and i seal with either jojoba oil or vitamin e oil. I think its because i moisturize while my hair is wet and the moisturizer contains coconut oil which solidifies very easily. If your moisturizer has this or shea butter in it then its mostlikely the cause of your white hair. Once my hair is dry it goes back to its original color so i dont sweat it.

Hope that helped.

THanks guys!

I gave incomplete info! I don't shampoo often..usually once a week..and immediately afterwards i deep condition. If i'm not shampooing i cowash with the conditioners i listed..

Glad to kno im not the only one getting the white stuff!!

When I use IC Fantasia to rake through, my hair is white until dry also.

As for softness: I typically wash/co-wash my hair and add a leave in. I don't towel dry, just shake and let it partially hair dry. When it's 50-80% dry, I then moisturize it in sections and seal the ends. My hair stays moisturized for several days like this and it's even softer than if I put the moisturizer on while my hair is really wet.

If I am going for the "shingled" look, then after I wash/co-wash, I use a leave-in, and moisturizer (on soaking wet hair), and then the gel. (White hair until it dries completely). I normally do this early on days that I'm not going anywhere since it takes a while to dry! Bonnet at night. Spritz lightly with water in morning and shake and go.

HTH

Back