Tucuma butter

Sui Topi

I ordered some when I ordered my saa a long time ago and it kinda went to the back of my cupboard because it was reeeeally grainy. Welll today I was kinda upset about moisturizing my hair because it never really stays moisturized...so I decided to try to use it because I didnt want to finish my jason mango butter. I stood there for who knows how long melting this ish in my hands, but I must say, its doing wonders for my hair..its sooo soft. Now my only problem is trying to make it easier to use. I'm searching here and nappturality trying to find out how to get out the grains, but anyway, tucuma butter is really a good product to use on your hair, the site I ordered it from said it was like a cheaper version of avocado butter :rolleyes:......with those grains, they really werent kidding.

Sui,

I have a big tub of this that I ordered from New Directions Aromatics. I'm going to try to make a hair butter with this and a couple of other ingredients.

So I tried whipping and that didnt work so I melted it and its in the fridge right now.. well see how it goes

Sui,

I have a big tub of this that I ordered from New Directions Aromatics. I'm going to try to make a hair butter with this and a couple of other ingredients.
Thats where I got mine from too. I completely forgot about it! Its good stuff!:grin:

I melted it in a bowl inside a bowl of boiled water and then stuck it right in the fridge and it came out perfect. I love it so much, but I wish the smell was nicer..oh well I'm sure I can add some nice smelling oils to it. Anyway, I finally found a store that sells NTM Leave in, and I was concidering buying it, and I wanted to feel the texture so I put some in my fingers and ofcourse I had to rub it into my hair to get rid of it. I decided against buying it because I want to go a more natural route. The next day I was looking at my hair after I unwrapped it and it was so shiny..I thought it was the NTM, but then I looked at an area where I didnt put NTM in and it was still glistening....It was the tucuma butter!

Bumping, do any relaxed ladies use this? I'm very tempted to buy it as it sounds good, although I'm hesitant cause it might be too heavy for me.

I melted it in a bowl inside a bowl of boiled water and then stuck it right in the fridge and it came out perfect. I love it so much, but I wish the smell was nicer..oh well I'm sure I can add some nice smelling oils to it. Anyway, I finally found a store that sells NTM Leave in, and I was concidering buying it, and I wanted to feel the texture so I put some in my fingers and ofcourse I had to rub it into my hair to get rid of it. I decided against buying it because I want to go a more natural route. The next day I was looking at my hair after I unwrapped it and it was so shiny..I thought it was the NTM, but then I looked at an area where I didnt put NTM in and it was still glistening....It was the tucuma butter!

:lick:Yup that is what I do too. I melt it down and put the container in a bowl of ice water as I whip it (2 containers inside each other). It comes out so creamy:grin:

Cream Tee - I'm on that Oliofluido you purchased.

I think tacuma butter maybe too heavy if want to keep swag.

Back