trying to Learn Forgiveness

mz.rae

So I have just gotten out of a five year relationship with a guy. He broke up with me for a situation that was partly my fault. And though I accept the blame for what I did, because I was 100% wrong, he wasn't a saint either. I went through a lot over the course of five years in that relationship that he just blows offs and only focuses on what I did to him. Now that the relationship is over I can honestly say I really hate him. I know it's wrong to hate a person but that's how I really feel towards him. After we broke up I started having dreams that made me sad, but now the dreams I have about him are violent where I'm choking him and telling him I hate him. I was telling my friend all this and she was saying I need to go to the altar because that is the enemy. I've been praying on the matter, but yet the feeling of hatred and sadness will not go away. I feel as though I'm on a roller coaster ride. I don't want to have hatred towards anyone, and want to be able to have forgiveness towards him and everything that's happened. It's starting to effect my friendships and work life.

Actually, I been dealing with Anger, I had a friend or someone I thought I was building a relationship with call me up and tell me that she cut me off and that she does not consider me a friend. I was so shocked, I could not really defend myself. When the dust settled she wasn't my friend anymore, because she felt that I did not call her enough. I did call her but spoke to her answering machine, she never ever called me, nor did she speak with me at service. I was devastated by the call and then I was angry. I was angry because I let my guard down and let her become my friend and let her into my home and around my family. I believed she loved God. so I been steaming and I wanted a chance to tell her how I felt but she came over to me and apologize for being rude and very nasty on the phone which I had no choice but to accept the apology but I was angry that she apologize, I was angry that she did it in the sanctuary and that again I was not able to speak my peace. Anger if you let it can take over, I started to notice things about her that I never did before and now when I speak of her Its not nice. Its not mean but its not what I use to say. for instance, I never cared about what she wore, I never liked what she wore but thats her thing. you know, who cares, but after that incident it was more magnified. So now I am heading into sin.

I have to give it to God everyday until I realize that there really isn't anything I can do about it. What does she care how I feel now and what my concerns were regarding our situation. I would feel better if I got it off my chest, not really. I feel that would be a reason to argue and for what I no longer desire to repair the relationship. what is the point, Only God understands my pain really, I am not even sure why I am so angry. So I read something and repeat it often until I am not mad anymore and its everyday. I felt that she thinks she got the better of me, I am more standoffish I am friendly but I don't get that close to folks so that they can hurt me to my heart and I did with her and that annoys me. But God knows me better and knows I have to let it go. Be the loving person I am to others including her. I knew I was a very good friend to her and one day she will see that but for now she can't see past her anger and she isn't walking with God she is walking with the other and I can't carry that. I have to let it go. We would have never made it as friends I am not good talking to an answering machine every week and being ignore in church. No that isn't me. Being ignore period. But I was making excuses for it and finally called and asked what was going on.

Anyway, here is some scriptures to help you see that anger can take over your life, We don't want that we want to realize what it is and let it go. Let God deal with it. My issue has only been about a week and it has gotten better and better. It is getting easier and easier to forgive and forget.

Bible Verses About Anger - Get a biblical perspective on dealing with anger and how to handle emotions. Read Bible quotes about being angry and not sinning. Discover how to live free from the control of anger.

Ephesians 4:26-31
"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.

James 1:19-20
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

James 1:20
for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Proverbs 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15:18
A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.

Colossians 3:8
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

James 4:1-2
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.

Proverbs 16:32
Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

Proverbs 22:24
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered,

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Psalm 37:8-9
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

Psalm 7:11
God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day.

2 Kings 11:9-10
The commanders of units of a hundred did just as Jehoiada the priest ordered. Each one took his men--those who were going on duty on the Sabbath and those who were going off duty--and came to Jehoiada the priest. Then he gave the commanders the spears and shields that had belonged to King David and that were in the temple of the LORD.

2 Kings 17:18
So the LORD was very angry with Israel and removed them from his presence. Only the tribe of Judah was left,

Proverbs 14:29
A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

Actually, I been dealing with Anger, I had a friend or someone I thought I was building a relationship with call me up and tell me that she cut me off and that she does not consider me a friend. I was so shocked, I could not really defend myself. When the dust settled she wasn't my friend anymore, because she felt that I did not call her enough. I did call her but spoke to her answering machine, she never ever called me, nor did she speak with me at service. I was devastated by the call and then I was angry. I was angry because I let my guard down and let her become my friend and let her into my home and around my family. I believed she loved God. so I been steaming and I wanted a chance to tell her how I felt but she came over to me and apologize for being rude and very nasty on the phone which I had no choice but to accept the apology but I was angry that she apologize, I was angry that she did it in the sanctuary and that again I was not able to speak my peace. Anger if you let it can take over, I started to notice things about her that I never did before and now when I speak of her Its not nice. Its not mean but its not what I use to say. for instance, I never cared about what she wore, I never liked what she wore but thats her thing. you know, who cares, but after that incident it was more magnified. So now I am heading into sin.

I have to give it to God everyday until I realize that there really isn't anything I can do about it. What does she care how I feel now and what my concerns were regarding our situation. I would feel better if I got it off my chest, not really. I feel that would be a reason to argue and for what I no longer desire to repair the relationship. what is the point, Only God understands my pain really, I am not even sure why I am so angry. So I read something and repeat it often until I am not mad anymore and its everyday. I felt that she thinks she got the better of me, I am more standoffish I am friendly but I don't get that close to folks so that they can hurt me to my heart and I did with her and that annoys me. But God knows me better and knows I have to let it go. Be the loving person I am to others including her. I knew I was a very good friend to her and one day she will see that but for now she can't see past her anger and she isn't walking with God she is walking with the other and I can't carry that. I have to let it go. We would have never made it as friends I am not good talking to an answering machine every week and being ignore in church. No that isn't me. Being ignore period. But I was making excuses for it and finally called and asked what was going on.

Anyway, here is some scriptures to help you see that anger can take over your life, We don't want that we want to realize what it is and let it go. Let God deal with it. My issue has only been about a week and it has gotten better and better. It is getting easier and easier to forgive and forget.

Bible Verses About Anger - Get a biblical perspective on dealing with anger and how to handle emotions. Read Bible quotes about being angry and not sinning. Discover how to live free from the control of anger.

Ephesians 4:26-31
"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.

James 1:19-20
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

James 1:20
for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

Proverbs 19:11
A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense.

Ecclesiastes 7:9
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15:18
A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.

Colossians 3:8
But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

James 4:1-2
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you? You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.

Proverbs 16:32
Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.

Proverbs 22:24
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered man, do not associate with one easily angered,

Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Psalm 37:8-9
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil. For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.

Psalm 7:11
God is a righteous judge, a God who expresses his wrath every day.

2 Kings 11:9-10
The commanders of units of a hundred did just as Jehoiada the priest ordered. Each one took his men--those who were going on duty on the Sabbath and those who were going off duty--and came to Jehoiada the priest. Then he gave the commanders the spears and shields that had belonged to King David and that were in the temple of the LORD.

2 Kings 17:18
So the LORD was very angry with Israel and removed them from his presence. Only the tribe of Judah was left,

Proverbs 14:29
A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

You did not call her enough? Excuse me, how old are you guys? You do not have to answer the question online. I call my friends when I can and when I want to. Many of them I have been friends with since elementary school.
we have seasons of not connecting. I have a friend that I met when I was 7. I started weight watchers points plus to do something for me. I was excited about it and enjoyed going to meetings. This person would call me daily and question me about what I had been eating (so I would not gain my weight back). I was pretty hurt by this. I had the meetings and leaders for this truth and consequences routine. I believed that she was jealous and I had to talk to her a lot less. You do not have to call a friends every day. Twice daily, three times a week or more either. You are a friend. A friends does not have to meet calling criteria. She does not need to be on your list!

My parents have been ill. My siblings were interested in living their own lives and not being disturbed by sick parents. My brother, his wife and family employed a caller ID plan and refused to take calls from my parents number for two and one half years. They were living in one of our parents homes. I was pretty angry and wanted to get even. We had to put Mom and Dad in a nursing home and the house my brother's family has been living in will have to be sold to pay nursing home bills. They are real angry with me regarding the house having to be sold. God told me I was going to have to forgive my brother. My sister is not too far behind my brother in the be cruel to parent's category. He will show us how.:yep:

Last edited:
First, allow yourself to be angry. Tell God how you feel, what you were expecting, and anything else you want to say. Do not hold back your feelings. Next, ask God to take away the pain and to bring peace into your life.

Forgiveness comes from understanding that everyone is human and as human we do, say, and think things that the people around us may not approve off.

Forgiveness comes from not allowing the situation to consume our thoughts which allows us to move forward.

Forgiveness comes from knowing that God has good thoughts about you and everything that happens to you will work out for your good in the end. You think you had a good man before, wait until God shows you what He was planned. :yep:

Thanks so much ladies for your advice and sharing your stories, it really helped a lot! I'm going to keep praying on the matter, and read the scriptures that were provided on here. Thanks so much again!

You did not call her enough? Excuse me, how old are you guys? You do not have to answer the question online. I call my friends when I can and when I want to. Many of them I have been friends with since elementary school.
we have seasons of not connecting. I have a friend that I met when I was 7. I started weight watchers points plus to do something for me. I was excited about it and enjoyed going to meetings. This person would call me daily and question me about what I had been eating (so I would not gain my weight back). I was pretty hurt by this. I had the meetings and leaders for this truth and consequences routine. I believed that she was jealous and I had to talk to her a lot less. You do not have to call a friends every day. Twice daily, three times a week or more either. You are a friend. A friends does not have to meet calling criteria. She does not need to be on your list!

apparently folks have expectations of what they expect a friendship is and for some odd reason they think the other person would know it. It would have never worked out. I do not do much calling anyway. Its just not me. But she is much younger then me and I feel that is probably why she acted in the way that she did. So me being the older person have to be more mature about my anger and forgive her and continue to treat her as I always have. that is the hard part.

Back