Trying to change my avatar

model_chick717

By using a URL--and once I submit, I get an error that is like a page long. Is there more work being done to the site that it's not letting me change it?

I still can't change my avatar...Is anyone else getting error messages??

I get a string that has a bunch of writing: This is at the top of my screen: Warning: copy(/8328.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/longhair/public_html/changebasic.php on line 246

Warning: getimagesize(/8328.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/longhair/public_html/changebasic.php on line 248

then a bunch of other stuff too...

hlp.gif

My avatar disappeared today! I downloaded and started Mozilla. Is that the reason?

I have no clue how to get my avatar back or to replace it. help!!!

Leoladysw, I don't see an avatar for you.

I've been having this same problem since last night, glad to see that it's not just me. It first tells me that my signature is too long--well, I never changed or added anything to my signature, so I don't understand that.
When I decide to chop my sig in half to see what would happen, I get an error message similar to Kaddy's, but longer.

Sorry girls but I don't understand the problem here. When we upgraded the forum some settings were not properly set up hence some of the errors you kept on seeing on your screens. However nobody is allowed to upload avatars on the server. You are only allowed to use one of the predefined avatars or a remote picture. Can someone clear this a bit on where the problem lies?

Hi Nikos,

Whenever I go to change my avatar and enter in the url that I'm linking it to the following error message comes up...

Script: /home/longhair/public_html/changebasic.php
Line#: 479
SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'\' ,U_PicWidth = \'\', U_PicHeight = \'\' WHERE U_Number = '
SQL Error #: 1064
Query: UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Password = 'ef241a615a0a07b879733b95626901b1', U_LastOn = '1095902032', U_Email = '[email protected]', U_Fakeemail = '', U_Name = '', U_Signature = ' ', U_Homepage = 'ericasparadise.20megsfree.com', U_Occupation = '', U_Hobbies = 'Astronomy,cooking, learning about new cultures, reading, watching movies, baseball, music, the net, trying out new hair and beauty products! :-)', U_Location = 'up north...soon to be south!', U_Bio = ', U_Extra1 = '', U_Extra2 = '', U_Extra3 = '', U_Extra4 = '', U_Extra5 = '', U_Visible = 'no', U_AcceptPriv = 'yes', U_OnlineFormat = 'no', U_Birthday = '12/18/1978', U_ShowBday = '1' ,U_Picture=\'\' ,U_PicWidth = \'\', U_PicHeight = \'\' WHERE U_Number = '3944'

We connot proceed. Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

It just started a week or so ago.

Hi Erica,

I can see where the error is in the SQL statement but I checked the script and there is no error there at all. Additionally I logged in as you and went to update the profile but the error did not appear... strage /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I can't change my avatar as well except I keep getting the message "signature too long" and I haven't changed anything in my signature. I'm trying to change my avatar by submitting the URL and once I click submit I keep getting that message. I don't know what's going on.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Nikos,

Whenever I go to change my avatar and enter in the url that I'm linking it to the following error message comes up...

SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'\' ,U_PicWidth = \'\', U_PicHeight = \'\' WHERE U_Number = '
Query: UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Password = 'ef241a615a0a07b879733b95626901b1', U_LastOn = '1095902032', U_Email = '[email protected]', U_Fakeemail = '', U_Name = '', U_Signature = ' ', U_Homepage = 'ericasparadise.20megsfree.com', U_Occupation = '', U_Hobbies = 'Astronomy,cooking, learning about new cultures, reading, watching movies, baseball, music, the net, trying out new hair and beauty products! :-)', U_Location = 'up north...soon to be south!', U_Bio = ', U_Extra1 = '', U_Extra2 = '', U_Extra3 = '', U_Extra4 = '', U_Extra5 = '', U_Visible = 'no', U_AcceptPriv = 'yes', U_OnlineFormat = 'no', U_Birthday = '12/18/1978', U_ShowBday = '1' ,U_Picture=\'\' ,U_PicWidth = \'\', U_PicHeight = \'\' WHERE U_Number = '3944'

We connot proceed. Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

It just started a week or so ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also get this same message. /images/graemlins/confused.gif
SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'http://www.geocities.com/flipnana1169/bestpicofSanaa.jpg\' ,U
Query: UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Password = '9fb455a586b588b6291a0daaade91071', U_LastOn = '1095944994', U_Email = '[email protected]', U_Fakeemail = '', U_Name = '', U_Signature = 'Hair type: 3c/4a & Relaxed Last Relaxer: 8/17/04 Next Relaxer: 11/9/04? Current hair goal: full, thick, healthy head of hair that is one length 9/21/04 My Hair Journey ', U_Homepage = '', U_Occupation = '', U_Hobbies = '', U_Location = 'MD', U_Bio = '', U_Extra1 = '', U_Extra2 = '', U_Extra3 = '', U_Extra4 = '', U_Extra5 = '', U_Visible = 'yes', U_AcceptPriv = 'yes', U_OnlineFormat = 'yes', U_Birthday = '11/29/1975', U_ShowBday = '1' ,U_Picture = \'http://www.geocities.com/flipnana1169/bestpicofSanaa.jpg\' ,U_PicWidth = \'80\', U_PicHeight = \'80\' WHERE U_Number = '8328'

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Yeah, I guess they did away with uploading avatars sometime this summer, maybe? The upload button just disapeared. Now that I've deleted my pic, I gotta find somewhere to upload my new pic to so I can have my new avatar up and running.

Thanks Nikos for fixing the errors.

Back