Trying A New Stylist. The Hair Saint In Fort Lee, Nj

vevster

So far so good. It’s a nice salon with 5 dollar valet parking. Less than an hours drive fromQueens.

She talked to me about what I wanted, looked at my pics.

She picked my hair out and shaped my hair in Afro style. She recs styling creams for my hair type. She actually showed me how to style my hair in the shower. I’m currently sitting under something that generates radiant heat, so no diffusing.

Very different from the Devachan approach. I’ll update this thread as my appt progresses.

She stressed the importance of applying styler to the root, so that I get a full ringlet.

My hair is taking a long time to dry. After this next cycle of the dryer I will ask her to diffuse the damp spots.

I’m going to ask her opinion of Olaplex.

Last edited:
She doesn’t want me using oil, but to break the cast of the product I used I will. I’m not throwing away all the techniques I’ve discovers in this hair care journey. I like the tip about applying styler to roots.

She doesn’t want me using oil, but to break the cast of the product I used I will. I’m not throwing away all the techniques I’ve discovers in this hair care journey. I like the tip about applying styler to roots.
Why doesn't she want you to use oil?

How were your results? Any pictures?

Hmmm. Please keep this updated. I’m a Jersey girl And looking for someone that can do natural hair. I want a deva cut one day
Hey there! Check out Salon Femi in Bloomfield. My gf goes to them and loves them. She's relaxed with a short pixie colored cut that looks really nice. I'm currently transitioning and I went in with my friend and got a wash/blow dry/flat iron and I was very pleased. When I move to Jersey it's a salon I would frequent again. Nice vibe and the head stylist seems to know her stuff and it was mostly naturals in there when I went.

Who did you go to? Im guessing Ona? What did she do, how long did she take, how did you like it? How did she tell you to style in the shower?

Yes, I went to Ona. She consulted with me, picked out my hair, cut it dry washed, conditioned and put product in then put me under lamps to dry. The drying took too long and then I left.

I can’t tell how I like the cut until I wash and style myself. She used a shampoo with sulfates too.

She is looking for someone with 4 a b or c to model for an upcoming video. I will post link on how / who to contact.

I live in the Cherry Hill area....I will drive to kingdom come (Reniece is always booked :blush:) if Ona did a great job. Strands in tact, no damaged, great cut, etc.

How is Fort Lee as a place to live?
I love how close it is to the GWB.

I live about 20 minutes north of Ft Lee but park there all the time. $2 will get you over the bridge & into the subway system. Easy peasy.

Ft Lee is nice but you may pay a premium to be that close to the bridge & NYC. There is a higher number of Asians in the town.

Final verdict pros and cons:

Pros: I like my cut. She gave me exactly what I wanted.
She also respects when you say you want to grow out your hair.

Cons
I have to take off a day of work to see her. She doesn’t work on weekends.
She is in NJ
She uses silicones and sulfates which I don’t like

Bottom line: I will deg go back to her the pros outweighs cons!

Back