True Tansitioning??

beans4reezy

Please help me with a question ladies. I have been wearing relaxers for 16 years and I have had enough. I am going to use a texturizer instead of a relaxer. Is this considered transitioning? Or is true transitioning from relaxed to natural ONLY. Just want to see what you ladies think....

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you get a texturizer, it still has chemicals in it; it's just not left on your hair as long to relax the curl as much. A relaxer "relaxes" your curl pattern and when left on the appropriate length of time, it "relaxes" your curly hair to straight. A texturizer (which still has chemicals in it) relaxes the curl a little bit and loosens the curl and I suppose it may be called a "texturizer" because it will reveal some of the true "texture" of your hair.

It really depends on what your goals are. Some people want to break free from relaxers all together because their hair/skin/body can no longer take the chemicals and some people just don't like the hassles of relaxers when they can get the same results from no chemicals at all and like the versatility of natural hair (that would be my reason), and then again, some peope will like to use a texturizer because it makes their hair more manageable. I am sure there are other reasons, but you have to figure out your reason and decide whether a texturizer or no relaxer at all is best for you......

I forgot to address your original question:grin: Even if you go from getting relaxers to just a texturizer, you are making a transition, (shift from one situation to another) but I think the consensus on the board is that "transitioning" is going from relaxed to natural.

Good luck with your decision!

BB

Transitioning is transitioning no matter what you are transitioning from or to. Plenty of ladies here are/have transitioned from relaxed to texlaxed.

Back