Trimming after braids...

diligence

So I've had my hair braided for the past two years continuously. I usually keep them in for two months at a time, take them out one day, and go back in the next day to have them done again. I haven't really paid attention to my hair since sometime in 2006. Luckily I found LHCF last month and have been diligently moisturinzing and condiditoning since then (I know, not very long). Before that, I would just moisturize the day the braids were put in, but I never understood the importance of keeping my hair moisturized the whole time. I didn't have a CLUE!

When I look at the ends of my hair that are peeking out of the braids I have in now, I really don't see many split ends at all. I honestly don't remember the last time I trimmed before going into braids 2 years ago. For those of you who stay braided for long periods of time, what do your ends usually look like when you take them out? I'm really hoping that I can keep most of my hair, but it seems inevitable that I need a serious trim, right? Or is it that since braids are a protective style, my ends might not be so bad after all? Your thoughts, please...thanks!:crossfingers:

I wore braids exclusively for a while ( years ago)

I never really trimmed and shampooed and used a leave in every 3 days - no realy major splits.
So - I think it is really up to you.
:yep:

My ends came out a little stringy. What I did was b4 I put the braids in got a nice good clip and by the time I took out the braids afterwards my hair would be healthier and my ends were even...A little clip wouldnt hurt!!

My ends came out a little stringy. What I did was b4 I put the braids in got a nice good clip and by the time I took out the braids afterwards my hair would be healthier and my ends were even...A little clip wouldnt hurt!!

i agree i think i will only be trimming 3 times a year maybe even twice. Whenever you take your current braids out you should apply all the skills you've learned and pay attention to your ends before getting your hair braided again.

So I've had my hair braided for the past two years continuously. I usually keep them in for two months at a time, take them out one day, and go back in the next day to have them done again. I haven't really paid attention to my hair since sometime in 2006. Luckily I found LHCF last month and have been diligently moisturinzing and condiditoning since then (I know, not very long). Before that, I would just moisturize the day the braids were put in, but I never understood the importance of keeping my hair moisturized the whole time. I didn't have a CLUE!

When I look at the ends of my hair that are peeking out of the braids I have in now, I really don't see many split ends at all. I honestly don't remember the last time I trimmed before going into braids 2 years ago. For those of you who stay braided for long periods of time, what do your ends usually look like when you take them out? I'm really hoping that I can keep most of my hair, but it seems inevitable that I need a serious trim, right? Or is it that since braids are a protective style, my ends might not be so bad after all? Your thoughts, please...thanks!:crossfingers:

well i have braids now but what I usually did before I found the site is let my hair stylist cut my ends. But it was not my ends she was cutting:nono:
she use to cut alot. But I think when I take it out Im gonna cowash then moisture my ends. Wear it in a curly style then im gonna straighten it the next week.But if yor ends don't look bad hen there is no need to trim it. IMO

Strive2win, you said it right, your hair is being worn in a protective style so there is no real need to trim unless your hair has split ends or if they are looking a little thin and you feel a need to trim it to get back a little thickness which is what I do. I have box braids in my hair right now and I am taking care of my hair the C&G way.

I am relaxed so I know that I have to definitely keep up with the washing, conditioning and the moisturizing and I have to take those needed 2 - 4 weeks breaks between braids to deep condition my hair properly and for my relaxer. Even before braiding my hair, I only trimmed/dusted every 4 - 6 months to keep my ends even. I am loving my braids right now and it is working wayyyy better than the weave I had in over a month ago.

Back