Tried Doing My Own Dominican Blowout

LovelyZ

It sort of worked, but I don't think I took small enough sections while I was blowing the roots straight. When I finished, there were sections that were not straight. I wrapped it anyway and sat under the hooded dryer. The ends of my hair, where I had rollerset, looked great! But I ended up having to go over my roots with my ceramic iron.

So I asked myself, what was the point of using the blowdryer in the first place. What makes more sense, using my ceramic to straighten the roots or taking smaller sections and using the blowdryer to straighten the roots? Is one safer/better than the other?

I don't know. But I think that you are supposed to get more body with the blowdryer than you are by using the flat iron.

I think it's all in the technique. Keep trying. I know this is something I want to master too. I'll be doing some "investigative work" on my next trip to the salon in a week :-)

nomadpixi said:
I think it's all in the technique. Keep trying. I know this is something I want to master too. I'll be doing some "investigative work" on my next trip to the salon in a week :-)

right! seeing as how I've never actually had it professionally done, I've got no frame of reference.

Back