Tried a BOLD New Look for My Birthday Today...yay!

Ms. Martina

Hey everyone! I am a bit excited bc today is my b-day lol. I am not going to make a long dramatic post, but I just wanted to share my bold birthday look. I bleached my eyebrows last night for the first time EVER, and they turned out veryyyy light. So light that I had to fill them in with a pencil some. I used a light brown pencil, and it worked perfectly. But anyway, I wore my new two tone blonde lacefront wig today. It was very interesting!I started experimenting with light browns this summer(wigs), but I've never worn blond. I was a bit unsure at first, but I think I actually like it! It's def something new. My real hair is still off black, so I will just use a black pencil to fill in my brows when I wear my real hair out. I haven't uploaded pics onto the computer yet, but here is a video I made while riding in the car today on the way to the fair.

-Martina:grin:

[video=youtube;6QoPqv7mX4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QoPqv7mX4U[/video]

Last edited:
It works for you! What bleach did you use to lighten?

I tried to lighten my brows in HS..smh..my poor brows. Looked like I put highlights in them. I remember this dude asked me "do your eyebrows NATURALLY grow out like that" I lied and said they did, and he believed me. :lol:

Happy Birthday! I like the style of the wig & its very becoming on you, but I am not a fan of the color, but it does match your complexion.

LaFemmeNaturelle Thanks :)

Nasdaq_Diva Thank you as well! I used Sally Hansen's cream hair bleach for face and body. I got the extra strength formula. Sorry about your HS experience. I fist put some of the bleach on the hair going in the direction of hair growth, and it went on smoothly. Now here comes the trick to making sure the bleach is evenly distributed.The way to get the bleach evenly distributed is to sort of rub it on going against the direction of hair growth. While doing that, make sure to get the product at the roots of your eyebrows. Then you can rub on a final layer going with the direction of hair growth. All bases should be evenly covered that way. You should try it again ;)

Sasha299 thank you!

finickyone Thanks :)

EbonyCPrincess Thanks so much! I have always been the type of person to be afraid of trying anything too drastic with my hair. I wanted to experiment with color WITHOUT dying my real hair. So, this summer was the beginning of my journey to try bold looks.This summer was the first time I ever tried wigs, and I did it to see what I would look like with lighter colors. So far I love it! It is def nice to see myself in a different way. I still love black/off black hair though. It shines like no other...lol. But in the meantime I am going to keep pushing myself to try things I would normally be afraid of.

grow_N_Him09 Thank You :)

bridezilla? i didnt see ur specific episode, but i watch the show and the women are outrageous on there! omg, are u like that in real life?

and the video is nice, the blond suits u so does the style of the wig.

It works for you! What bleach did you use to lighten?

I tried to lighten my brows in HS..smh..my poor brows. Looked like I put highlights in them. I remember this dude asked me "do your eyebrows NATURALLY grow out like that" I lied and said they did, and he believed me. :lol:

Thanks everyone for the b-day shout outs. Sorry I'm just now saying thank you.

Nasdaq_Diva I finally made a video showing my technique and how to get them even. Let me know how yours come out if you decide to do it in the future :)

[video=youtube;9XjCobzK5kc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XjCobzK5kc[/video]
[video=youtube;nfOMoO3x_qA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOMoO3x_qA[/video]

Last edited:
Very pretty! It's nice to see something different every now and then. I think the color suits you well.

Happy Birthday! :birthday2 :woot:

I think it's cute!
How come you bleach your brows? When I was a little girl there was a woman who came into the shop to get hers done all the time and I wanted to ask her why but was too shy. She didn't leave them bleached, though. She got them to match the hair on her head (which was weird because her hair was a fiery crayola red), but I always wondered about bleaching and what it did.

Back