Trichologist!! Results please...

londontresses

Hi Ladies

I've just taken my hair out of weave and have decided I wont be putting it back in due to the condition of my hair. I was thinking about starting my new HHJ off with a visit to a trichologist and wanted to know if you've been to one:

1. Why did you decide to go?

2. What did they do/prescribe? Over what period of time?

3. What were the results? Thicker hair? More growth? Just healthier hair?

4. Was it worth the money?

I would really appreciate your input. I've read reviews here and elsewhere on the net that say it was 'great' etc....but noone has really broken down why? I'd just like to manage my expectations.

Thanks in advance!!

LT

Last edited:
Aswers below:

Hi Ladies

I've just taken my hair out of weave and have decided I wont be putting it back in due to the condition of my hair. I was thinking about starting my new HHJ off with a visit to a trichologist and wanted to know if you've been to one:

1. Why did you decide to go?
Belgravia, Westminister Clinic, Renee Lagrange in Hraley Street and Philip Kingsley in NY.

The best by far was Philip Kingsley in NY, but even then nothing I didnt already know or could have found out here. It was most useful for getting a scalp diagnosis. I suspect you want to see a trich for Traction Alopecia, in which case yes just go along for the scalp diagnosis, but the rest is common sense stuff you can get on LHCF.

Belgravia just wanted to push Minoxodil.
Renee LGrange - JOKER :lachen::lol::lachen::lol: - Super RUDE and a completely lacking in any professionalism. She sells this Pink lotion which is basically just Pink Moisturizer rebottled for like £20. :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

The Westminister Practice - now that was a whole other subject :nono: PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE KNOWN CON ARTISTS IN THE INDUSTRTY. THIS GUY CONNED ME OUT OF £300 OF MY MONEY. NO TREATMENT - NADA. GOOGLE HIM TO SEE WHAT I MEAN.

http://www.thehairloss.net/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=1390

2. What did they do/prescribe? Over what period of time?

PK - No more weaves, hair steaming and treatments, keeping scalp clean by washing 2x week. Not over oiling scalp to increase germs. It has taken me 3 years to get here with time and error. Stopping weaving, steaming and my laser comb are what got me here.

Blegravia - Minoxodil.

Westminister - some b*ll**** snake oil concoctions which I just returned.

Renee - Nuff said.

3. What were the results? Thicker hair? More growth? Just healthier hair?

Edges have grown in a little with time, no traction styles and care. Not 100% but much better i.e. not bald.

4. Was it worth the money?

PK - Yes, because sometimes you need to hear what you already know and that there is NO MIRACLE cure.
I also bought a laser helmet last year which has helped tremendously to stimulate my scalp. I am thinking to switch it up to a laser comb so that I can take it with me when I travel etc.

Renee - Hell knaw...:nono:

Belgravia - NO

Westminister Practice - See above :ohwell:

I would really appreciate your input. I've read reviews here and elsewhere on the net that say it was 'great' etc....but noone has really broken down why? I'd just like to manage my expectations.

Thanks in advance!!

A good trichologist should take pictures of and analyse your scalp. And teach you about scalp hygiene any infections etc ect.

My advice to you would be to take the weave out, get a realy good glue-less LF or Half wig (be careful with combs in the latter). Wash 2x a week in braids. Keep your scalp meticulously clean.

LT

I couldnt find any 'resolved' ones....Can you point me in the direction of some please (I did search but no luck :ohwell:). Thanks :)

Last edited:
Aswers below:

Thank you soooo much!! (Your post made me laugh).

Yes it is for my edges and the fact that my hair is so thin! LHCF has some fantastic information but I always seem to get myself caught up in the products and kinda make a self diagnosis if there are any problems...I'm hoping that investing in this will give me some advice thats tailored to my own hair rather than jumping on the latest lhcf bandwagon. i.e. if she tells me my hair is unlikely to get any thicker, I can stop with all the potions and pills I read on here.

This was really helpful and honest so thanks again.

The lady I'm planning to go and see is called Natasha Dennis http://www.afrohairclinic.co.uk/.

^^^ she sounds very credible and the fact that she is black and has a hairdressing backgrounds really sways it for me. Would make relating much easier.

In anycase your hair WILL get thicker. Mine did. My husband and even my mum noticed it.

Good luck !

Back