Trialing Vs. Product Junkyism: Where's The Line In Your Opinion?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, all. :wavey:

I'm still thinking through my upcoming blog post and could use your thoughts:
  • What is your definition of "product junkyism?"
  • When does trialing products turn into product junkyism?
  • Can one person's product trialing activities constitute product junkyism (and vice versa) for another person, were he or she doing those same activities?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Trialling products for me is when you've just starting out in your journey and you're trying to establish what works/what doesn't. Or you've had a setback or perhaps you've been ill and you need to reevaluate your products which no longer work. Or you're transitioning to natural or to relaxed and need to rethink products. These to me would be reasons to trial products.

PJ'ism to me is someone who knows what works and what doesn't, has stapled tried and tested products but yet is still wanting more either through boredom and wanting a change, watching people enthrall over a new product(s) which happens a lot on here and of course you don't want to miss out so you need to get on the latest bandwagon. Or perhaps you feel that you need to rotate products because your hair gets used to the product,

I'd say the latter is me but they say hair getting used to a product is a myth and more likely the hair simply needs clarifying.

I'm a PJ in the truest sense of the word but I'm no way as bad as I was, these days I'm buying a lot of past purchases with new items here and there.

• What is your definition of "product junkyism?"
A compulsive need to browse for and purchase hair products in order to achieve a "high" or "endorphin rush." :giggle:

Note: Most product junkies already have an established regimen with staple products.

• When does trialing products turn into product junkyism?
After the discovery of staple products, if you're purchasing more than 3 new products a month.
  • Can one person's product trialing activities constitute product junkyism (and vice versa) for another person, were he or she doing those same activities?
If you haven't found staples, then I would say no. I think the purpose of trial and error is to find those holy grail products that can contribute to a healthy hair care journey.

Back