Tresemme, Tresemme, ooo la la!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

I guess this is a spinoff of Peachy's topic about cheap products. I purchased the Tresemme conditioner this weekend and man oh man. I think I found me a staple for conditioner washes /images/graemlins/clap.gif I purchased this HUGE bottle of conditioner,filled with beneficial ingredients for the hair, for only 3.49!!It provided me with a good amount of slip,too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Has anyone else tried this product line??

It's definitely strange business that I found this post here with no responses yet, AND referring to the same low cost products thread that I was thinking about when I planned to rave about this conditioner on Monday morning. /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

I went out on a limb and purchased ANOTHER set of these conditioners. I had purchased the Vitamin E shampoo and conditioner and really liked them, but found them to make my hair a little TOO soft and slippery. At the time, I was looking for a good regular everyday shampoo and conditioner that was cheap and readily available. This fit the bill and at about 4 bucks for a LITER, the price was certainly right.

But I have a weakness for strengthening products, and find that when I use moisturizing ones, my fine, thin, hair gets a little too mushy. After reading the back of the bottle, I realized the "anti-breakage" formula would be my best bet and resolved to buy it.

Well I finally did this weekend and I'm going to be HARD PRESSED to buy another "staple" everyday shampoo and rinse out conditioner. I still have deep conditioners that I love, but this as a rinse out - and even as a leave in on curls - makes my hair shiny, soft, buttery and there was absolutely NO HAIR in my comb in my shower....

The shampoo didn't strip but cleaned well and left my hair soft and feeling protected. And for those who are looking for a replacement for the old Lanza PP = this comes verrrryyyy close. /images/graemlins/wink.gif This is better than the V05 products that I was formerly adopting as staples.

The slip in the conditioner was incredible and it has just the right kind and amount of protein for a daily product - hydrolyzed wheat protein about a quarter of the way down the ingredient list - with tons of other great ingredients. Tresemme better not be discontinuing this duo - because I'm HOOKED. /images/graemlins/love.gif

Tracy which Tressemmee poo and con are u referring to ? Which one leaves your hair slippery and mushy? Thats what I like /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
The Vitamin E is the one that did that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tracy /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
The Vitamin E is the one that did that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I purchased the Vitamin E conditioner myself. The shampoo is all that,too Tracy?

The Vitamin E was very moisturizing, didn't leave build up and left my hair very soft and clean, BB. I liked it alot.

The shampoos IMO are just as good as the conditioners. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like Tresemme conditioners. When I was in college I lived off the vitamin e moisture rich. they used to make the BOMB leave in, but discontiued it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I think Tresmme is a great brand.
I have been recently on V05 at .99 a bottle to use as a rinse.

i got one for free, i believe it was a 2+1 or something like that. anybody ever tried it? it's some kind of after conditioning creme that you wash out (almost like nexxus ensure).

Tresemme, ew, je deteste beaucoup sur mes cheveux! My mom loves it though (I believe it is the vitamin E formula). She has hair exactly like Tracy's (Hello itty bitty esquire /images/graemlins/wave.gif )

Bubln, girlfriend, I looked right at that Tresemme Vit E conditioner TODAY!!! I passed on it & grabbed my usual Pantene S&S. But I'm going back to purchase that Tresemme! It's calling my name...now that u've gave a testimony about it! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

...oh yeah, u know that I'm diggin' the price!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just bought some Tresemme for color treated since it was the deepest conditioning one they had. I haven't tried it yet but reading these posts makes it seem like it was a good idea. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OT for a minute. Welcome back, Anky. /images/graemlins/wave.gif How did I miss your return?

Tracy said:
It's definitely strange business that I found this post here with no responses yet, AND referring to the same low cost products thread that I was thinking about when I planned to rave about this conditioner on Monday morning. /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

I went out on a limb and purchased ANOTHER set of these conditioners. I had purchased the Vitamin E shampoo and conditioner and really liked them, but found them to make my hair a little TOO soft and slippery. At the time, I was looking for a good regular everyday shampoo and conditioner that was cheap and readily available. This fit the bill and at about 4 bucks for a LITER, the price was certainly right.

But I have a weakness for strengthening products, and find that when I use moisturizing ones, my fine, thin, hair gets a little too mushy. After reading the back of the bottle, I realized the "anti-breakage" formula would be my best bet and resolved to buy it.

Well I finally did this weekend and I'm going to be HARD PRESSED to buy another "staple" everyday shampoo and rinse out conditioner. I still have deep conditioners that I love, but this as a rinse out - and even as a leave in on curls - makes my hair shiny, soft, buttery and there was absolutely NO HAIR in my comb in my shower....

The shampoo didn't strip but cleaned well and left my hair soft and feeling protected. And for those who are looking for a replacement for the old Lanza PP = this comes verrrryyyy close. /images/graemlins/wink.gif This is better than the V05 products that I was formerly adopting as staples.

The slip in the conditioner was incredible and it has just the right kind and amount of protein for a daily product - hydrolyzed wheat protein about a quarter of the way down the ingredient list - with tons of other great ingredients. Tresemme better not be discontinuing this duo - because I'm HOOKED. /images/graemlins/love.gif

I went out today and bought some of the Tresemmé products today.

Here's what I bought:

Vitamin C deep cleansing shampoo - removes build up & pollutants

Heat Defence styling spray - Helps protect from ceramic straighteners, tongs, & dryers

Vitamin E moisture rich conditioner - for dry or damaged hair, restores moisture & strength

Vitamin E moisture rich shampoo - for dry or damaged hair, restores moisture & strength

I will be trying these products out to see if they are worth it.:)

Last edited:
tresemme is an awesome product...i use to use it when i first started taking care of my hair and the conditioner was fabulous...there is definately slip and my hair always felt so good afterwards

jaded_faerie said:
tresemme is an awesome product...i use to use it when i first started taking care of my hair and the conditioner was fabulous...there is definately slip and my hair always felt so good afterwards

I'm so happy to see all the positive posts about these products because I've used their conditioner before but never tried any of the ones I listed above and I just bought those 4 today so I would be glad not to have wasted my cash.:)

I washed my hair yesterday and I'm not due a shampoo until maybe the week-end or early next week. I'm excited to try them out!

Last edited:
tresemme was once a staple for everyone in my house when i was in high school...i was looking at conditioner this weekend and wondering if i should buy some...i'll consider it when i run out of conditioner

I noticed the Dollar stores has the liter size of of conditioner and shampoo for 5 bucks for both or a liter size conditioner and 8 oz size conditioner combo for $3.50.
I swear I dont need anymore products passing on this deal.

I've been using Tresemme (the moisturizing conditioner -- I'm not sure if it's the vitamin E one) for a while now and absolutely love it. I bought it when I ran out of my Pantene conditioner and it's now a staple in my arsenal of supplies. I've actually tried several Tresemme conditioners in the past and have never been disappointed.

My fav leave in ever was made by Tresemme but it is discontinued. Oh it was such a good leave in. It had every positive hair ingredient. There vitamin e poo and condition is nice too.

So after reading this thread yesterday I went straight to Target after work and picked up a bottle of the Vitamin E conditioner. I used it this morning and :love: !
I had used this brand a couple times before but with my serious case of PJism it ended up getting forgetton amoungst a sea of new products.
Anyway, so glad I tried it again! It detangles well and definitely softens! You can't beat the price!

For all you california peeps: the Safeway in my area is selling the Vitamin E conditioner as a pack: buy a 32oz bottle and get an additional 16oz bottle for $3 with your club card. May want to check out your local safeway to see if it's there.

I've got to pick some of this up soon. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the tip Bubblin.' :)

Hey
I bought a few of these products a while back and they are still sitting on my shelf...i cant stand them. i got the moisturising conditioner the vitamin e one and didnt like it it did nothing for my hair.
i actually tried the vitamnin c shampoo the other week and im still trying to get my hair back to normal its sooo dry its driving me crazy no amount of oil or conditioners are doing anything for it...any ideas???

uzz

RachiQue said:
Hey
I bought a few of these products a while back and they are still sitting on my shelf...i cant stand them. i got the moisturising conditioner the vitamin e one and didnt like it it did nothing for my hair.
i actually tried the vitamnin c shampoo the other week and im still trying to get my hair back to normal its sooo dry its driving me crazy no amount of oil or conditioners are doing anything for it...any ideas???

uzz

If you can't stand them.....sell them on.

I personally like these products....don't use them all the time but I really love their vitamin C clarifying shampoo especially after I relax other people's hair or texturize mine.

Peachtree said:
Bubln, girlfriend, I looked right at that Tresemme Vit E conditioner TODAY!!! I passed on it & grabbed my usual Pantene S&S. But I'm going back to purchase that Tresemme! It's calling my name...now that u've gave a testimony about it! /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

...oh yeah, u know that I'm diggin' the price!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Updating my post above...

I :love: Tresemme conditioners!!! It's my fav back up, never fail conditioner.
Right now DDTA/DDWL is my #1 :love: !!

I have never tried Tresemme, but it is made by Alberto Culver, who also makes Motions, Just For Me, Soft & Beautiful, and TCB, Avlerto VO5, and St Ives. I just found it interesting all the different hair products made by the same company.

Back