Tree Braids

sweetdaises2000

Can anyone please explain the process and ot post a picture of whta this looks like? I've seen some pictures but it doesnt look like it would be a protective hairstyle because the hair is let out and my hair wouldnt be short enough for that. Can anyone please explain?
rosebud.gif

IIRC, Carrie had tree braids. You should PM her...

I've seen this done on a video and I'll try to explain. All of your hair is cornrowed. While your hair is being cornrowed, loose bulk hair is braided into the cornrow and is left hanging out. There are no tracks to glue or sew. I think it could be considered a protective style because your own hair is all covered up.

The woman on the tape said that these kinds of weaves have a tendency to look big and bulky if the cornrows are too big. Not to mention if someone touches your head, they will know immediately that you are wearing a weave!
blush.gif
Here's a pic of one kind of tree braid style:

Tracy-tree_braid_1.jpg

Yes. The hair is parted and braided as if you were doing regualr cornrows. Only extension hair is added while your cornrow.

I had to dust off my video!
laugh.gif
Basically, she's cornrowing the hair but leaving the extension hair to hang out instead of flattening it to the scalp with the rest of the cornrow. Imagine the capital "E". The long side would be your real hair cornrowed. The three prongs would be the extension hair hanging out. I wish I could find a picture of the process for you...

She describes tree braids as:

"A 3 strand on-the-scalp intertwining of extension hair w/ the clients own hair."

"Extension hair is added to the natural hair in multiple micro sections which form the cornrow base. Keep extending the cornrow base by continually adding extension hair and branching it into micro sections. It will look like a tree branch."

If I could make a decent cornrow, I'd try it myself. It looks pretty simple.

My friend had this hairstyle and it was very cute. I wouldn't mind trying this hairstyle myself after I saw this picture. That really looks good and it's different!!

If you get them, just make sure to get GOOD QUALITY hair. Mine wasn't and it got really matted. Make sure you go to some one who has a good reputationand is concerned about YOUR hair more than the style. I had problems with removal and lost some hair behind it all.

if you corn row the tree braids very small like micro it would be very hard for someone to touch your hair and tell...i watch my aunt do this style freq and it looks nice but it all depends on the person...

how much does this style usually cost. i wouldn't mind wearing this hairstyle

*bump*

Ive been looking for more information on this, my hairdresser calls this interlocking.

UPDATE:
I found a place on 55th And Market in Philly.. called there this morning. It costs $200 and you have to buy your own hair! brr?
No thank you! :lol:

Last edited:
A coworker of mine says she pays $200 for hers also, but they are cute. Well actually she calls them invisible braids but I am assuming that they are tree braids. This is in Chicago.

Back