Treated myself to a blowout-prepping for a bunning blitz (pics)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I'm about to embark on a two-week wet bunning blitz. i have all my supplies, and plenty of fly earrings-i went a little crazy at the mall on friday.:grin:
so i thought beforehand, I'd do a blowout to treat myself, take some shots, and then see if the bunning really benefited my hair.
warning:i have no idea why they're all so large...i've resized soo many times, sorry i'm giving up...AND i look REALLY tired in all the pics. and i'm a bit pimply due to auntie flo jo....:ohwell:
here's how i started-slept on wash and go...i'm pulling on a coil
misce096.jpg

washed, conditioned, and detangled
misce099.jpg

front section done
misce100.jpg

braided up to keep it out of my way
misce101.jpg

finished product already starting to revert...and ignore the showing bra/roomie..i'm too lazy to crop:drunk:
blowoutpic.jpg

side view
misce104.jpg

this morning, after partying last night-it's getting real puffy-but that's okay, cuz i think i'm about to wash and start bunning anyways...
glasses.jpg

length check that i probably should have done yesterday since it's now shrinking up, but ah well...
misce113.jpg

Girl you have some gorgeous hair...and I've always meant to tell you that I love your siggy pic. How did you do that style in it?

Good luck on your wet bunning. Make sure to be careful with your ends, wet bunning doesn't really work for my hair, especially the ends. (My hair is coily, very similar to yours.)

Very nice hair and beautiful smile, too! :yep: I hope the wet bunning works out for you and look forward to seeing updates!

Girl you have some gorgeous hair...and I've always meant to tell you that I love your siggy pic. How did you do that style in it?

Good luck on your wet bunning. Make sure to be careful with your ends, wet bunning doesn't really work for my hair, especially the ends. (My hair is coily, very similar to yours.)
thanks, msa!! we're definitely hair fam :grin:
in my siggy-that was from a blowout during the summer that i put some bantu knots in overnight and it turned out like that.
i feel you on the wet bunning-i'm going to be watching my ends like a hawk, and if things are getting out of pocket...i'll switch to stretched bunning. :spinning:

thanks, msa!! we're definitely hair fam :grin:
in my siggy-that was from a blowout during the summer that i put some bantu knots in overnight and it turned out like that.
i feel you on the wet bunning-i'm going to be watching my ends like a hawk, and if things are getting out of pocket...i'll switch to stretched bunning. :spinning:

I was thinking of trying a bantu knot out on blow dried hair...yours looks great so now I'm convinced :yep:.

^^do it!! you'll love it. one tip: you may find it hard to get them to stay-that is, if your blow out texture gets "silky." therefore-i have to use a bit of pomade or something sticky on the ends to get the knots to stay twisted.

^^do it!! you'll love it. one tip: you may find it hard to get them to stay-that is, if your blow out texture gets "silky." therefore-i have to use a bit of pomade or something sticky on the ends to get the knots to stay twisted.

Thanks for the tip. I plan to blow dry on cool (basically just accelerated air drying lol) so I'm pretty sure it won't be silky at all. If all else fails I'll just use some hair pins to get them to stay.

Your hair is gorgeous. Let me know how your two week bunning goes. I'm going to shoot for a 4 month (bunning/air drying) personal challenge, so I would love to get some pointers/advice before I start.

I never thought of earrings. Thats a great idea. I've bought lots of hair accessories like flowers, headbands, and ties.

Good luck.

Your hair is gorgeous. Let me know how your two week bunning goes. I'm going to shoot for a 4 month (bunning/air drying) personal challenge, so I would love to get some pointers/advice before I start.

I never thought of earrings. Thats a great idea. I've bought lots of hair accessories like flowers, headbands, and ties.

Good luck.
thanks! i'll definitely keep you all posted!! i have tooo many accessories...makes it fun!:yep:

Rock91 you are soo pretty and the hair is really gorgeous too. You have to tell us hopw this goes. i may try it too.

kudos for blowing it straight yourself! how do you maneuver your arms over your head while holding on the blow dryer? that crap is har

Back