Transitioning: The UGLY stage

Check out my fotki.

I transitioned for 14 months and I have pics for each month. I mainly did braidouts, buns, and updos.

I transitioned for 18 months and I kept is simple. I mostly did damp buns and fake sprial ponytail and it help me to retain length and my edges did not suffer from it either

I'm at the awkward 6-7mos post right now and I'm struggling trying to keep it cute. I'm trying to wean off getting the roots flatironed right now so idk...I'm experimenting.

WOW thanks for all of the replies you ladies are awesome!

I've never tried bantu knots or buns before. My cousin wears buns tho, like a phony pony bun I guess. Idk

I'm excited to try all of these styles. Now... I just need to get the right products. :-)

Swear I had the same thoughts to myself this morning when in the shower attempting to co-wash. I'm 30wks post, and I feel like I need to BC, or relax. But I'm not going to just yet.

I'd like to experiment with phony ponys or weaves but I've never had one before in life. I don't know how to match my hair and I don't trust the Asians at the bss enough to take their word, and I don't want to look like I'm wearing a helmet.

I'm mid back length, surely a little longer now since I'm transitioning and again it's been 30weeks I have about 2-2 1/2inches of new growth.

Back