TRANSITIONING NEWBIE

Chicagodiva

Hi all, I just wanted to come in and introduce myself. I was introduced to this wonderful site by my dear sis Chiprecious. Hi Sis, I finally joined! :hiya2:
I've been lurking now for about 6 months and finally joined! This is my 6th month transitioning. I started out near bsl, had my sis cut to sl on 9/11, and have just been itching to cut more. I am planning to transition until late spring/early spring so I can start out just doing wash n gos while it's warmer here. I would say I am 4a/4b.

Some of my pics are attached, there are more in my fotki http://public.fotki.com/Chicagodiva I wasn't sure how to label them with the attachment so here is what each one is from left to right
1. new growth 10/08
2. new growth 1/09
3. protective style bunned pony 1/09 after half done flat iron job....
4. protective style kinky ponytail
5. ponytail rollerset

I'd also like to give a shout out to maneandchic's blog for the best demonstration of the ponytail rollerset method (which I tried out last week with good success).

You ladies are the best and are just a wealth of information!

Attachments

• ng2 1024.jpg
    ng2 1024.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 0114 tex.jpg
    0114 tex.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 17
  • twisted bun.jpg
    twisted bun.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 18
  • kinky pony.jpg
    kinky pony.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ptrs rollers removed.jpg
    ptrs rollers removed.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You know, you never told me why you decided to transition? Why??? You, like many other women on this board start off with gorgeous relaxed hair, so why give it up??

I am thinking of going natural to stop using so many chemicals and accepting myself..nappy hair and all.

You know, you never told me why you decided to transition? Why??? You, like many other women on this board start off with gorgeous relaxed hair, so why give it up??

I am thinking of going natural to stop using so many chemicals and accepting myself..nappy hair and all.

I am not giving up gorgeous hair!
Anywayl I had thought about it awhile, actually a couple of years, so I guess there are several reasons for my transition:
I never liked that half day at the salon on touchup day thing.
I always thought natural hair was so much more...interesting and really pretty when done right.
Also since I have had a relaxer since age 16, I wanted to revisit my natural texture and the natural me.
And you know I love me some big hair too!!!

You should consider it...if it is the right thing for you it will come to you.

Last edited:
Back