Transitioning is so boring when your hair grows slowly

RainbowCurls

I think I measured 1.75" in 118 days. I calculate that to be 5.3" per year. Ok, so it's not that far below the 'average', but still. It's not fair. I'm going to be transitioning for ever! If I had the guts, I'd just do a BC.

I dont know...It depends on the circumstances. If I am measuring how much more new growth I have to handle, I'd say it grows on average. But when I think about how long it will take for me to wear my wavy hair in a ponytail, I think it grows too slow. Its odd I know, but that's just me.

I wonder if your hair grows faster if you just BC versus transitioning. I think about how much damage I caused my hair by chickening out on the BC. I think about Jainygirl's hair growing quickly since she BC.

sbaker said:
I wonder if your hair grows faster if you just BC versus transitioning. I think about how much damage I caused my hair by chickening out on the BC. I think about Jainygirl's hair growing quickly since she BC.

What damage did you get?

It always seems to me that on people with shorter hair their hair grows faster. I don't know if it's true or there's just more to see happening.

mscounselor said:
I dont know...It depends on the circumstances. If I am measuring how much more new growth I have to handle, I'd say it grows on average. But when I think about how long it will take for me to wear my wavy hair in a ponytail, I think it grows too slow. Its odd I know, but that's just me.

This is how I think too!

sbaker said:

Jainy's hair has always grown fairly quickly and long anyway, relaxed or natural. Just like Peachtree....I can't wait to see Jainy's big bushy beautiful hair!! :)

Back