Transitioning but bad shedding...

autumnbeauty29

Right now I am about 2 1/2 months into this natural transition and I must say I am happy with how it is going. I LOVE seeing my new texture every morning but OMG the shedding is something awful:eek:. I moisturize every night, baggy (even under my fall) but still there are too many strands for my liking on the counter and floor of the bathroom. I dont know what to do. :sad:

....And what styles can I do when I am transitioning?? I am wearing a fall right now and alternating between pincurl rollersets but I am wanting to try something new, protective and CUTE!

I read somewhere that Motions CPR is good for shedding.
I wore dread locs for my transition, but I never intended to take them out initially. In my case, this kept my hair protected. But that is drastic and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone not wanting to just loc to keep them. What about the two-strand twists? That’s actually how I started my locs. HTH.:)

Sar-I said:
I read somewhere that Motions CPR is good for shedding.
I wore dread locs for my transition, but I never intended to take them out initially. In my case, this kept my hair protected. But that is drastic and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone not wanting to just loc to keep them. What about the two-strand twists? That’s actually how I started my locs. HTH.:)

Motions CPR is that like a creme?? Dread locs oh my, that is drastic.. but I have heard a lot on here doing the two strand twists while transitioning. Are you able to keep washing on your own and twisting?? Or would you have to go back to the salon for that. I will do some research:D

Shedding? Not breakage at the DL but actual (white rootball) shedding?

Queen Helene Garlic poo.

Prepooing for an hour with coconut oil decreases my shedding. Cowashing and pooing on plaits. I have to DC everytime I wet my hair also.hth

Ok no I looked tonight before bed and almost every single hair on the counter and all over my moisturizer bottle and my BT did NOT have a white bulb. So that means breakage! :eek: There were at least 75-100 hairs JUST tonight, not counting this morning before work. I am attributing this breakage to this the time frame I would be getting a relaxer... but what should I do about this breakage ????

Back