Transitioning and Coloring your hair

bluebearfanatic

I have a question about transitioning and coloring your hair..Right now since i've been transitioining (I'm about 11 months into it) i'm noticing my grey hair's are growing in full force! Ok i'm exaggerating however there are a few in there. I've had grey hair since I was nine years old, however when I started relaxing about 2 years afterwards I noticed they weren't growing as much and as i've had relaxers over the years my grey's have never really been as much as they were when I was younger. Is it b/c my hair was in a natural state from the time I was 9-14. I used to have A LOT! They used to call me "granny" in school..lol Anyway my question is...is it safe to color your hair while transitioning? I've been wondering about this for sometime now.

OMG, I just made a thread for this not even five minutes ago. Great minds think a like! :lol:

I'm transitioning and want to highlight too!

I hope someone answers our threads!

A friend of mine is transitioning and dyes her hair RED every few weeks and her hair hasn't suffered. I don't think it should be a problem as long as your hair is healthy. She doesn't use any kind of heat on her hair though and uses good quality products and rocks a fierce twist-out.

KiSseS03 said:
A friend of mine is transitioning and dyes her hair RED every few weeks and her hair hasn't suffered. I don't think it should be a problem as long as your hair is healthy. She doesn't use any kind of heat on her hair though and uses good quality products and rocks a fierce twist-out.

That sounds hoT!

I need to learn how to do twistouts dammit!

shellzfoshizzle said:
OMG, I just made a thread for this not even five minutes ago. Great minds think a like! :lol:

I'm transitioning and want to highlight too!

I hope someone answers our threads!

lol that's too funny!

i've been transitioning for a year as of this sunday and i colored my hair, it hasn't suffered any (yet, knock on wood) and i conditioner wash everyday. i shampoo once per week at the most, usually once every two weeks. hope this helps.

Just a caution for permanent color followed by heat, it can lead to permanent straightening for the pieces that came in contact with the chemicals. If you're doing it by yourself and don't plan to straighten it afterwards, you should be fine. Just remember to moisturize!! :)

Back