Transitioning and Coloring Hair

26INCHHAIR

Would It be okay if i was trying to transition but continued coloring my hair say 3 times a year or so? I love having color in my hair but I am wondering if it would be detrimental to becoming natural?

Thanks

Well... my motto is...
the natural hair is stronger than the relaxed hair, so it can take the colouring. And the relaxed hair will be getting chopped eventually anyway so it doesn't really matter if it gets fried ;)

If only I'd lived by that a bit more while transitioning... could have had so much more fun... *sigh*

lol @ rainbowcurls i thought you were having fun with all the colors :grin:

you can allways try vegetable base, colorshowers or a simple rinse if you dont want to use a chemical process. But i think as long as you follow the directions u are good. like Rainbowcurls said natural hair is stronger than relaxed hair. just remember to moisturize HTH

26inchair,
I am transitioning as well and was wondering the same thing, or shall i say, I knew the answer already. I knew that it wouldn't be as damaging getting the color process done since I wouldn't be getting any other chemical services, but I have been just trying to talk myself into going on and doing it.

I normally do color once a year and I think I may wait until the spring to highlight again.

As the previous poster said, just remember to moisturize!!

Back