Transitioners: What's keeping you from a BC today?

Because I have a huge head. I'm honestly really wanting to BC soon, but I think I'll wait until I reach a year post in December. I have no issues with cutting all my hair off, but I worry about my huge head and how that would look more than anything.

Well I am 6 or so months in, but I am not chopping until Aug since I getting out the military at that time. I plan on chopping in celebration of my freedom!!

Because I have a huge head. I'm honestly really wanting to BC soon, but I think I'll wait until I reach a year post in December. I have no issues with cutting all my hair off, but I worry about my huge head and how that would look more than anything.

How could I forget this. Ditto on the huge head for me too, at least that's how I feel.

I'm going on 5 months post.

I plan to BC when I feel like I have enough hair for a decent fro or puff

Also, I want to see if I can reach brastrap or waist before cutting it off completely. If I relaxed today I would be APL.

Definitely length. I don't feel confident that I could rock a TWA. I'm 3 months post today and have a long way to go. I have close to two inches of new growth - stretched. There's no way I could BC right now if I wanted to. I don't mind the idea of cutting my hair while it's still growing out if it 's a HUGE afro - I like big hair and I think that would be fun. But I think I will definitely transition for a minimum of 18 months, with goal of 30. I'll just see how I feel at 18.

Ive been transitioning 11 months. I have had about 4 major cuts over the year and my hair has gone from mid back length to shoulder length as I try to trim away at these ends. I have about 1.5 inches of relaxed hair left. I would say length would be my reason. I dont want a TWA and at this point, my hair straightened would probably be nape length if I BC. Ive used the ladies on here for inspiration to hold off, but I dont know how much longer I can go. I really like my natural texture and this 1.5 inches of pin straight ends really throws the look off!

I am 2.5 years post (I suppose that would be 109 weeks post?) and I would have to agree that length would be my reason for BC.

If you noticed in a thread I posted last weekend, I have been doing "little" trims where I would trim some relaxed ends off (in various places on my head) every few days or so. This is so I don't go into cardiac arrest when I finally get the BC done. It would mainly be a result of however my wash n' go ponytail fell - I wanted to make sure I can hold on to my relaxed ends to have a decent looking ponytail throughout the rest of the summer.

I have already planned to get my BC done on September 17th. I don't know how I came up with that particular date but for one thing, it will be the end of the summer and once I get my hair trimmed, I will be mainly wearing straight styles during the fall and spring. (I am wearing ponytail wash n' go's and a lot of wet buns this summer b/c whenever I work out, my hair is usually drenched in sweat).

I am looking forward to fully enjoying my natural hair next spring and summer - sans relaxed ends!!

BB
U KNOW YOU KEED YOUR OWN THREAD!!!!!!! ...lol:lachen: ON STRETCHING I have tried before and caved idk if i will again BUT i will stretch as long as i can, learn as much as i can (about my natural pattern) and then make up my mind

Today marks my 15 month of transitioning, I co-washed my hair a couple hours ago and decided to do a wash and go for the house. I used Fantasia IC(blue) and I like the way my curls look. I consider myself a slow grower so I am holding on to my relaxed ends as long as possible to retain ALL my length gained. That is my real reason for not BC'ing now or a month from now.

How about you?

How far post are you today?

When are you planning to BC if at all?

How about you?
I also consider myself a slow grower. Although I am itching I BC now, I feel as though I can't because I want my length fo senior pics, prom, and graduation.

How far post are you today?
10 months with hardly any new growth! (refer to siggy)

When are you planning to BC if at all?
I plan on doing a major cut to APL soon just so I can stay encouraged about my transition. BC to cut off all the relaxed hair is 18 months but if I'm not satisfied with the length (I want BSL) then 24. Maybe longer if I don't reach BSL by then. Or maybe I'll go until I hit APL. I haven't decided yet.

Last edited:
Because I think it's crazy and counterproductive. I never saw anyone do that until I came here.. I always wonder what the DHs and SO's and family members have to say about that. I know for one I would be "on the market"... hair is part of the package...lmao. Plus my relaxed hair looks great. Why would I cut it off...?

I am 17 months post. The one thing that is literally keeping me from a BC today is my weave. I don't see it my hair at all. If I was cowashing everyday, bunning it up, or twist outs I would have BC 6 months post. But because I would freak myself out with a twa (I just don't look right with short hair) I have been doing protective styles for the past 17 months. I also like the length of my hair right now (the last time I saw it in Dec. it was APL) so I am not doing a darn thing to lose those ends until I say so. I might transition, like someone else mentioned, for three years.

Back