transitioners update

Qusetions
1. hair type?
2. how long have you been transitioning
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair
4. current regime
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often?
6. current products

Answers
1. 3c, some 4a
2. since June 18, 2004
3. 2x a week
4. deep condition, wash, condition, braid, airdry
5. I have flatironed 3x
6. Aubrey organics, getting some Oyin soon

Qusetions
1. hair type? ------4a/ I think

2. how long have you been transitioning ----14 months

3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair----every other day

4. current regime----twist out/ bun

5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? I have only flatironed a few times during this transisition.

6. current products---- Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner (love it) Carols D.
HHM and HHB although I think I am going to give something else a try once
I finish using the batch I currently have.

I did a major chop a couple of weeks ago. Check out the pics. I plan to wait until May but wanted to get rid of some relaxed ends due to the tangled mess and just starting cutting. Then I cut some more and more and more.

I am loving the new style and only have about another 2 1/2 of inches to go on top.

Questions
1. hair type?
3c/4a (I think :look: )

2. how long have you been transitioning?
My last relaxer, was on December 5, 2004, and I decided to transition
on December 9, 2004.

3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair?
I wash once a week, and I rinse twice a week.

4. current regime?
Uh..... regimine :look: (hiding) JK, I don't really have a regimine,
but I try not to put a lot of heat in my hair, I just put my hair into a
ponytail and twist it while wet, then I wear it in a bun or something.

So far, I have only flat ironed my hair once since I've been transitioning.

6. current products:
CON shampoo, NTM Triple Moisture Conditioner, natural oils, Cantu Shea
Soft Leave-In and Break Cure, Parnevu Shining Gel, Fantasia IC Hair
Polisher. I'm looking for new Conditioners and styling products, I need a
conditioner that detangles. Any suggestions?

Check out my transitioning album!

Last edited:
Qusetions
1. hair type?--3b/4a i think
2. how long have you been transitioning---october 4, 2004
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair---It really depends upon the mood I'm in. On average twice a week.
4. current regime----What's that???? :look: Just kidding I am currently on the listen to your hair regime. As I am going through my transition, I have found that products that work today may not work tomorrow and vice versa. I am not buying any new products because of this. Currently I CW with DDTA and use Sedal leave-In. If I want my hair straight, I put it in 4-6 ponytails and air dry. Then I use my ceramic flat iron and pin curl. If my hair feels dry, or if I want to give my hair a break for a few weeks, I will CW with DDTA; use a leav-in and pull back in a baggie bun. I use S-curl to calm my roots. My staple that I keep no matter what is Castor Oil......I always use this on my ends everynight no matter what. I have also started using Glovers Cream and it does help with my new growth.

5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? See #4
6. current products See #4

1. hair type? 4a I think

2. how long have you been transitioning 9 Months...about to begin 10th. I plan to transition for another year before getting rid of the last of my relaxed ends.

Every day or every other day = co wash;
shampoo + deep condition once or 2x/week;
protein treatment once a month
The above are my co/poo/protein wash habits when I am being good and when I am not in braids. If in braids, I would wash either once a week or....wait til I take them out to wash...in the meantime I would sea breeze my scalp. If iin heat-sealed extensions, I would wash and deep condition once a month BUT ifI get those again, I wil do it once a week.

4. current regime
It's not very consistent, but here's a run down of some of the stuff I do.
When NOT in braids: wash habits as above; daily surging; WGO at night
When IN braids: Spray it with braid spray and othe rmoisture agents daily or every other day; wash habits as above

Currently sporting wavy individuals which you can view in my album. In between braids, I rest for about a week and I either wear wigs or don a wilk scarf.

No, not at all..all I have is a horrible blowdryer without a cmb attachment....I rarely use it or any other heat. Though once after a wash, I put a wig cap on and then used the blowdryer on my head for a couple mins and went to bed. My hair was very sof in the morning and only a little moist, but not much.

6. current products
Surge: Plus 14, Motion Lotion # 9, Wojee Cream
Fantasia Tea Tree Conditioner
Suave Conditioner (I like the Milk and Honey for co washes)
WGO
African Pride Braid Spray
Sulfur 8 Medicated Braid Spray
Infusium 23
S-Curl + water (someone here suggested that combo for braids...its great but its also great for my real hair...the half/half combo!)

1. hair type? 3a-3b
2. how long have you been transitioning? almost 4 months. Since Oct 22
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair? 1-2 times per week
4. current regime: Wash with Creme of Nature and use the shampoo. Right now I use carrot oil creme, Wonder 8 oil, and oil sheen. Then either braid and let dry naturally, and curl with rollers and air dry or use hooded dryer
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? No
6. current productsSee #4

I have put a few more pics on my fotki. I tried to use some new spiral rollers. Check it out.

I am 3c/4a (?). I have been transitioning for almost 5 months. I wash my hair once a week or at least every 4-5 days no more than that. My regime changes from time to time since the more new growth I get the more tangled my hair gets and dry it seems. So I pre poo with a cheap conditioner (Vo5 strawberries and cream or suave coconut). I shampoo with Keracare Detangling poo or Cream of Nature poo (best for moisture and detangling). As far as conditioners lets just say I switch up quite often b/c I am searching for a staple conditioner that moisturizes, detangles and conditions. Lately I have used Aubrey Organics GPB to deep condition/strengthen and then I followed the light protein with a moisturizing conditioner by AO. I applied the Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner and let it sit for 10 min. It worked pretty well. I have to use it again to see if it will be continuous though. After I rinse I apply NTM leave in and if I heat style I use a heat protectant and flat iron but I have done braid outs. They are just so tedious. I will try to steer away from the heat but I don't use it that often and my hair coils right back up when it is washed. I know how to use the heat so it is not damaging to my tresses.

]Questions
1. hair type? 3b

2. how long have you been transitioning ?6 months

3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair? co-wash everynight

4. current regime? braidouts.. I wash my hair once a week ....I love v05 and tresseme condtioner .. i use those everynight.... CPR deep very 2 weeks ..

5. do you press/flatiron your hair? No... but I get wash and set at the dominican salon

6. current products ....aloe vera gel, pure shea.... cantu shea butter soft, vo5 blueberry, tresseme, CPR , moisture maxx (really old school) but good for my braidouts, feels like silk, infusium leave in.... I don't use them at the same time .... I just found suave passion flower con. I love it .. it might be my new fav .. very good slip.

Last edited:
1. hair type? 4a I guess

2. how long have you been transitioning? since Oct 2004 (18 weeks)

3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair? once weekly or every 2 weeks

4. current regime? http://members.fotki.com/poohbear215/about

5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? the last time I pressed my hair was Christmas. I don't flatiron my hair. From now on, I'm on the No Heat Challenge while I transition.

6. current products? see website in #4

1. hair type?~~~~~ 3b/c
2. how long have you been transitioning~~~~~about 10 months. My one year anniversary is in April.
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair~~~~~I cowash daily or every other day, clarify w/ conditioner (VO5 Kiwi & Lime) once a week, wash w/ shampoo once a month or as needed.
4. current regime~~~~I generally use the baggie method when doing my hair, covered with a phonytail, considering trying some instant weaves or twistouts.
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often?~~~~~I get Dominican blowouts rarely. Last one was at the end of December, probably won't get another until the end of spring, beginning of summer.
6. current products~~~~~Shampoos: CON & Elasta Creme Conditioning.
Co-wash conditioners: Tresemmé, DDTA (Tender Apple & Tropical Aloe), Suave Coconut, Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine & Long and Strong.
Deep conditioners: AO GPB, Elasta's Intense, Salerm Wheat Germ Mask, Capilo Sole & Cinnamon
Daily conditioners, leave ins: MyHoneyChild type 3 cremé & Herbal Hair Cocktail, Always leave in conditioner, Surge 14 mixed w/ WGO, Elasta's Feels Like Silk, Suave Milk & Honey & Humectant (Nexxus knock off), Surge Ultra Max, (not used all at once)

1. hair type--4a
2. how long have you been transitioning--11 months
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair--every other day
4. current regime--let conditioner sit in hair for one hour after every wash, rinse, apply leave-in, braid into about 16 sections, air dry
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often?--i have flatironed my hair about 3 times in the last year
6. current products--Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, Kenra Conditioner, Keracare leave-in, Wanakee Constant Care for Ends

1. hair type? 3b/c
2. how long have you been transitioning? It'll be 9 months on Monday, the 7th. :D
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair? Twice a week right now. At least 3 times a week during the Summer.
4. current regime-Ponytail every day. After moisturizing at night, I put my hair in two braids. This method gives my relaxed ends some curliness.
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? No. I don't use heat at all. I might once I'm fully natural.
6. current products-Wow. I use quite a few. I like variety. Let's see, Elasta QP Mango Butter, Fantasia Frizz Buster Gel, My HoneyChild Sweet Almond Hair Milk, Dominican conditioners (Olive Oil, Avocado, Sole and Cinnamon, Wheat Germ), Salerm 21, Suave Aloe Vera(my favorite cheap conditioner right now), Kenra Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, etc.

1. hair type? mostly 4a, a little 4b
2. how long have you been transitioning about 70 weeks (1 year, 4 months, and about 2 weeks)
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair once a week
4. current regime wash and blow dry once a week. wear bun or ponytail daily
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? no, just straighten with blowdryer
6. current products Currently experimenting with recently purchased Elucence shampoo and con, but otherwise:
*Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment
*Jason Natural poos and cons (my favorites are Biotin and Sea Kelp)
*Giovanni Leave in
*Elucence Silk Hydrating Elixir
*various moisturizers--Profectiv Long n Healthy, Elasta QP Mango Butter

I have some transitioning pics in the LHCF gallery

1. hair type?
3a and 3b

My last relaxer was November 15, 2004 (3 months)

I wash my hair twice a week. Once Condition wash then a shampoo wash. After both washes I deep condition.

4. current regime
I'm currently seaching for a regime for two textures

Never

6. current products

These products are in heavy rotation
Creame of Nature dry brittle hair
Eckered (sp?) Garlic Shampoo
I picked up VO5 Moisture Milk for condition washing and preshampoos (not thick enough for my hair). Matter of factly, none of the VO5 conditioners work for my hair.
Queen Helene Cholesterol (yellow) deep conditioning mixed with oilive oil and honey. (good combo)
Ion Reconstructor
Surge
QP Recovery Oil (love this stuff)
Profectiv Breakfree
Rosemary, Peppermint and Almond oil mixture for scalp (twice a week)

Also, yesterday I cut 2 inches of my hair. I feel good.

I have added NTM to my routine. I LOVE this stuff. I air-dry using the pony-tail method and then flat iron. You can't even tell that my roots are 18 weeks old. NTM is definately helping me to manage natural and straight hair!!!!

Ar010 said:
Qusetions
1. hair type?
4. current regime
6. current products

Answers
1. 3b/3c I think???
2. since September 24, 2004
3. 2x a week.
4. pre-poo wash, condition, airdry, bun
5. once in 4 months
6. Nexxus Therappe, Keraphix, Humectress, WGO, Nioxin Follicle booster jojoba oil, VO5 for co-washes

Qusetions
1. hair type?
4. current regime
6. current products

1. 4a I guess
2. about 13 months
3. 1-2 times a week (conditioner wash)
4. I conditioner wash, band, moisturize w/ creme mix below.Twist and set on perm rods. I wear twist outs. I use surge mixed w/ castor oil on my edges. I shampoo once in a blue moon
(2-3 times a year).
5. No heat at all
6. Hollywood beauty's carrot creme w/Africa's Best herbal oil & water. Surge w/ castor oil. Giovanni's 50:50 remoisturizer & VO5's Kiwi & Lime.

Last edited:
1. hair type?3c/4a
2. how long have you been transitioning? well i started transitioning at 10 weeks (a month ago.. but i relaxed, NOW im doing it for real so now.. almost 3 weeks-- i know that's NOTHING lol)
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair? I wash once a week, sometimes twice.
4. current regime click on my journal link. it's the first thing you'll see
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? nope, but i will start to once i hit 3 months
6. current products Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, Organic Root Stimulater, B&B -- I will start using Black Earth Products when I get to about 5 months or so.. because my stylist recommended them for transitioning/natural hair.

1. hair type? I believe 3c
2. how long have you been transitioning? Since June 2004 officially
3. how often do you rinse/wash your hair? If I have it pressed, every 3-4 weeks. I know it is contrary to LHCF rules but pressing gets expensive and it is entirely too much heat for me to put in my hair every 1-2 weeks. This week I am "playing" with my hair so I have washed it once, CW once and will probably CW tomorrow night
4. current regime. I dont really have one besides making sure my hair is conditioned well
5. do you press/flatiron your hair? how often? yes, once a month. Feb is going to be off month hopefully
6. current products
Long list so here goes
CON
Kiwi Hydrating Treatment (I have some highlights)
Hair Mayo
LUST
Neutrogena Moisture Serum
My Honey Carribean Curl
My Honey Type 3
My Honey Herbal Rinse
Tui Hair Oil
HHB
Some of Marguerites Magic
Garnier Wet Shine Gel
CD Hair Balm
Aura Hydrating Pomade (not a big fan)
Giovanni Leave in Direct with aloe Vera

I believe that is everything

Ar010 said:
Qusetions
1. hair type?
I have 4a/b in my siggie, but I think I'm pretty much a 4a

Since November 2003

Now about once a week

4. current regime
The lazy route. I wash and then I put it up in a bun with a silk or satin scrunchie the rest of the week. I've just re-discovered Elasta QP mango butter, and I think I'm a fan now.

Not in a long time. The last time I flat ironed was back in October. However before this 4 month break, I was flat ironing about once a month.

6. current products
I'm kind of a serial rotator with products, but my current favorite staples are Just For Me detangling spray (it really does the trick) and Smooth and Shine Chemical Free Straightening Balm.

1. hair type?
2c/3c
since late nov.. (too lazy to look at a calendar) :grin:
2x a week, wednesday's and saturday's
4. current regime
mane and tail shampoo, keraphix and humectress (about thirty mins. for each), airdry or hairdryer
i use to be a flat iron addict :spank: ... but now i have thrown away my flat iron because it was causing my hair to fall out. :eek: but i do occasionally blow dry it straight with my wonderful ion blow dryer... it gets it straight in one pass!
6. current products
mane n tail and NEXXUS!!!!!!!!!!! i love nexxus it makes my colored hair feel sooo soft and refreshed

Back