Transitioners or Naturals who use Maxiglide?

naturalmanenyc

Hey ladies. I have the FHI Platform SE and have not had the best results with it. I suspect it's because I am not that great at blowdrying my hair straight first. I'm pushing 25 weeks post and have lots of little spiral curls at the roots.

For those of you with the maxiglide, are you blowdrying straight first? Anyone rollerset first and then use maxiglide? Have pics/video of the results?

Thanks!

oooooooooooooooooh you're talkin my language now!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my maxiglide!!!

i'm transitioning - i let my hair airdry in 4 braids and then I maxiglide it straight.

when i was natural i let it airdry in buns so it would be a bit smoother and then i'd maxi it.

Hmmm, quietly documenting....I'm 6 months into my transition and would like to straighten my hair once in a blue moon.

I band or I roll my hair in a pony set - and then allow it to air dry.

I want it to be straight as possible without excessive heat.

and I use SABINO!!!!

Thanks ladies!!!! I am ordering the Maxiglide MP kit today from HSN. If it works as well as I hope, I will have a FHI Platform SE for sale in a couple weeks.:grin:

I have one and it 's cool. Please be careful w/the teeth on the plates. I feel like I had a lot of split ends after using the Maxiglide. I used a heat protectant so maybe it was my technique or I had the heat too high.

I have one and it 's cool. Please be careful w/the teeth on the plates. I feel like I had a lot of split ends after using the Maxiglide. I used a heat protectant so maybe it was my technique or I had the heat too high.

I honestly believe thats why my ends are jacked now. :nono: I make sure I brush through each piece with my paddle then follow through with a small comb because those teeth will snag on the tiniest thing. I plan on trying the regular plate next time to see if that makes a difference.

I honestly believe thats why my ends are jacked now. :nono: I make sure I brush through each piece with my paddle then follow through with a small comb because those teeth will snag on the tiniest thing. I plan on trying the regular plate next time to see if that makes a difference.

Yeah I cut quite a bit of my hair. I don't know if I will use the plate w/teeth again. It's worse on my ends than a hot comb.

will it still get as straight if u dont use the one with the teeth...Im lookin into purchasing a flat iron and i am 7 months post ...wondering if i should get a maxi...fhi...or chi...or sedu....too many choices

will it still get as straight if u dont use the one with the teeth...Im lookin into purchasing a flat iron and i am 7 months post ...wondering if i should get a maxi...fhi...or chi...or sedu....too many choices

At 24 weeks post the FHI is not working too well for me. So far lots of ladies swear by the maxiglide and most are using it with the pins (just not pressing down). A coworker uses it and her 2 daughters. A former coworker (completely natural) told me that whenever I saw her with straight hair that she had used a maxiglide.

I just said i wanted a chi bc i like the way my hair comes out when the stylist uses it. i'll have to look into this maxiglide 9especially since i'm about 5 months post)

At 24 weeks post the FHI is not working too well for me. So far lots of ladies swear by the maxiglide and most are using it with the pins (just not pressing down). A coworker uses it and her 2 daughters. A former coworker (completely natural) told me that whenever I saw her with straight hair that she had used a maxiglide.

Thnx RW....I think I might have to go ahead and get the maxi...I just hope it gets very straight

I rollerset my hair and then use the Maxiglide. I don't have any problems with the pins at all. I haven't tried the flatplate that goes with it yet.

I had the same issue when I was transitioning...the maxiglide was best for blending new growth and relaxed hair.

I guess I am the only one that blowdries my hair first. I don't have the patience to airdry. I blowdry with a comb attachment and then use my maxiglide with the pins. Most of the straight pictures in my albums we done by me with my maxiglide and blowdrying first.

I guess I am the only one that blowdries my hair first. I don't have the patience to airdry. I blowdry with a comb attachment and then use my maxiglide with the pins. Most of the straight pictures in my albums we done by me with my maxiglide and blowdrying first.

I tried to blowdry but am sure that my technique is not right. I then used my FHI Platform. I am hoping the Maxiglide pins help with the straightening process since the Maxiglide claim is that you do not need to blowdry straight first.

I would also say be careful when using the plates with the pins. You aren't supposed to press down too hard when using them (see the DVD that comes with the maxiglide).

Alot of women here I'm sure will tell u the same thing about being careful with the teeth. I tried my best to, and I still felt like they were snagging at my hair at times...then again I'm pretty uncoordinated so I'm sure that was part of the problem :lachen:

I still have my MG but I'm considering selling it. It's kinda big and bulky, and I don't like the way my hair smells after using it :perplexed I'm not willing to give up on it "just" yet, though...I've had issues with my hair reverting/not coming out fully str8 when I use it. But I think part of the problem with that is I may need to do more intense deep conditioning before using it...I also need to do a better job of stretching it out via either rollersetting or blow drying first. That would probably also help.

I would also say be careful when using the plates with the pins. You aren't supposed to press down too hard when using them (see the DVD that comes with the maxiglide).

Alot of women here I'm sure will tell u the same thing about being careful with the teeth. I tried my best to, and I still felt like they were snagging at my hair at times...then again I'm pretty uncoordinated so I'm sure that was part of the problem :lachen:

I still have my MG but I'm considering selling it. It's kinda big and bulky, and I don't like the way my hair smells after using it :perplexed I'm not willing to give up on it "just" yet, though...I've had issues with my hair reverting/not coming out fully str8 when I use it. But I think part of the problem with that is I may need to do more intense deep conditioning before using it...I also need to do a better job of stretching it out via either rollersetting or blow drying first. That would probably also help.

I do my ends first before I do the length of my hair and I think that is the reason why I don't have any problems with my ends when I use it. I also use the steam burst on the ends to and then again on the length. I have such success with it.

Stretching it out with the rollersetting is great, but I also do a light blow on the roots and length to, just to get it smoother. The picture in my siggy is from doing it this way (the pic on the right).

I'm 35 weeks & 6 days post relaxer and had successful results with both the maxiglide & miniglide. Pics are in my fotki. This week I rollerset and used the miniglide on the roots. It worked like a charm:grin:

The key for me is prestretching the hair and detangling BEFORE using the maxiglie or miniglide with the pins. I have never used just the flat plate and I use the steam burst on my ends plus more steam on the length.

BUMP.....

.....so how did the maxiglide work for you???

Back