Transitioners/Naturals how does your NG...

cdixon

How does your NG lay flat on the roller. I'm currently transitioning and when I try to do a rollerset the NG is puffy around the roller but my permed ends are straight. Is there some type of moisturizer I can use so that my NG lays flat on the roller?

Roller setting was a disaster for me when I tried it as a transitioner. But I have limited styling skills anyways so I'm not surprised!

I would say make sure your hair is sopping wet and combed thru as smoothly as possible. Wet your rollers too. You wanna wrap the hair taut too. The tighter the roller, the smoother your ng should be but some hair types just aren't going t/b smooth, no matter what u do. In that instance, I wouldn't try to fight it... What are u using to rollerset? Leave in, setting lotion, serum?

I think that my NG can lay flatter than it does on the roller and I definitely need to make sure my hair is soaking wet, but I was wondering if any product would keep it moist for when it does go onto the roller. It feels drier than it should when it goes on the roller that's why I know that I can use something to help it lay flatter

I do ponytail rollersets. Which is basically just putting tiny ponytails all over your hair and rolling it up that way. It does leave a tiny dent in my hair afterward but it comes out eventually.

Yes, that works for me too but I just wanted to do a regular roller set w/o the ponytail method this time. I've seen naturals do it without the ponytail method & it comes out fine. I don't know.

I think that my NG can lay flatter than it does on the roller and I definitely need to make sure my hair is soaking wet, but I was wondering if any product would keep it moist for when it does go onto the roller. It feels drier than it should when it goes on the roller that's why I know that I can use something to help it lay flatter
What do you normally use when rollersetting? I'm too lazy to rollerset now, but in my spray bottle, I usually have distilled water, Silicon Mix or Lacio2 leave in, and a bit of Alfaparf Semi di Lino serum. Another mix I use is water, GDL/Wheat Germ rinse, and serum. I work one of these through soaking wet, detangled hair w/my hand then smooth w/my rat tail comb before rolling.

I have this problem, I thought it was just me. even when I use my flexi rods I get puffy hair. I pretty much just gave up.

I had some jane carter nourish and shine, it works to make my ends smooth, but I really want to have my roots smoother on the roller. I think I'm lacking moisture.

Back